Online counseling can be called a lot of different things: web therapy, online therapy, video therapy, telehealth, telepsychology, telepsychiatry. Lately you might hear a lot of advertisements for these virtual mental health services on the radio and on podcasts. How good are they? You might see your friends sending text messages to their psychotherapists while they’re on dinner dates. But what is online counseling really? Is it texting? Email? Does a counselor have to be licensed in your state to provide you with online psychological support, or can anyone do it?
Online counseling at Thriveworks in Boulder, CO is a service offered by licensed, specially trained, fully qualified, and top-rated mental health providers. Our online counselors deliver all the quality of in-person Thriveworks sessions with the convenience of remote care (telehealth). Our sessions are not text-based. They are either full video sessions where clients meet with their provider face-to-face over an internet connection or telephone sessions, which enable clients greater privacy and anonymity. In both instances, our online therapists can help their clients with a huge scope of mental health concerns.
Can I Really Get Evidence-Based Psychotherapy Over My Phone or Computer?
The answer is yes, at least in our case. With Thriveworks, your licensed counselor can support you with evidence-based psychotherapy even without ever meeting in-person. Our mental health providers can work with you on a wide range of external and internal issues, including:
- Mild and major depression
- Sexual dysfunction
- Family conflicts
- Marital problems
- Eating disorders
- Panic attacks
- Social anxiety
- Substance abuse issues
- Hyperactivity and other attention disorders
- Stress and/or burnout
- Bipolar disorder
- Shame and/or guilt
- Childhood trauma
- Personality disorders
- General malaise or disconnection
No problem is too small or too large to talk through with a counselor. And at Thriveworks in Boulder, CO, clients can choose between online therapy, in-person therapy, or a hybrid model.
Why Should I Consider Online Counseling at Thriveworks in Boulder, CO?
Thriveworks clients have claimed numerous benefits to meeting their licensed counselors online, including the following:
- It can be more convenient to find an appointment time that suits your busy schedule. You can even meet with your counselor online in the evenings or on the weekend.
- It can feel safer to be emotionally honest when you’re somewhere familiar, like your bedroom or living room.
- You don’t have to sit around a waiting room while your therapist finishes their previous appointment. If you have to wait—and you rarely do at Thriveworks—it’s nice to be able to do it in the comfort of your own home.
- You’re already used to doing other activities online: work, schoolwork, socializing, etc. It’s a technological medium where you’re already comfortable.
- You can still make your appointments with your online therapist even if you’re traveling for work or pleasure. Imagine therapy from your hotel room in Barcelona! Therapy from Borneo! Or therapy from the Holiday Inn near the JFK airport. Eek. Maybe it can still feel exotic because you’re not at home?
- You already know that client privacy and security are a priority at Thriveworks. We use the latest, secure telehealth technology and all our online sessions are HIPAA-compliant.
It’s really a personal choice whether you choose online or in-person. At Thriveworks we just like to give you options!
Can I Get a Prescription for Antidepressants Online?
First of all, you won’t get any prescriptions online that you wouldn’t get in-person. But yes, psychiatrists at Thriveworks are licensed to diagnose disorders and prescribe drug treatments online. And health insurance will cover the virtual appointments. We know that it can be frustrating for clients to travel miles by car for five-minute medication management or follow-up appointments with psychiatrists. That’s why we try to make things as convenient as possible with our online options. For more severe disorders or acute symptoms, however, a Thriveworks psychiatrist may ask you to come into the office.
Schedule Your Initial Online Session with a Thriveworks Mental Health Provider
Research studies have shown that online therapy can be just as effective as in-person therapy. And the evidence keeps pouring in. If you’re one of the millions of Americans who need mental health support and aren’t getting it, online counseling at Thriveworks in Boulder, CO may be the answer.
It’s simple to call us during our extended business hours. You’ll reach a person, not a voicemail. You’ll make your initial appointment and then you may see your counselor online in as few as 24-48 hours. And you’ll rarely have to wait for your provider. Thriveworks sessions start on-time or early 97% of the time.
When you enroll at Thriveworks you get numerous additional benefits like free educational e-books and our Ask-a-Coach 24hr Q&A feature. You can also approach your counselor via email or phone between sessions to ask questions or bring up any thoughts or concerns. Our exceptional counselors want to be available to their clients whenever they’re needed. Call today to schedule your first appointment!