Join Dawn for an informative and practical lesson in understanding how stress affects your body and mind. You will take home tools and knowledge that will help you to begin incorporating mindfulness in everything you do every day!
Discussion topics will include:
- What is mindfulness and how do I use it
- How does keeping my attention on the present moment really affect my health
- Practice a simple meditation technique that tunes you into your body’s aches and pains, and learn what that means for your mental health
- Learn how food and eating habits affect your mood
- Learn how exercise is truly your free antidepressant (with only happy side effects!)
- Optional: dress comfortably and we will practice gentle yoga poses that help you stay grounded and clear headed throughout your day (get rid of the fog!!)
Wednesday May 6, 2015
7 to 8:30 p.m.
Baldwin Public Library
300 W. Merrill St.
Birmingham, MI 48009
Pre-registration is recommended. Walk-ins will be accommodated as space allows.
To reserve your spot, please RSVP by emailing Dawn Gaden or calling 248-686-3347 ext.1504.
Explore the latest mental wellness tips and discussions, delivered straight to your inbox.
Start a Relationship with An Exceptional Counselor
- Skilled and caring professional counselors
- Accepting all major and most insurances
- High-touch customer service & premium benefits
- Same- or next-day appointments
- Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations