Frank worries about when the next panic attack will come. Samantha feels like she’s in a dark cloud and can’t find her way out. Ian struggles to manage his grief after a death in the family. Alexis experiences major emotional highs or lows, depending on the day.
Millions of people in the United States alone live with mental health issues every single day. If you’ve ever felt like Frank, Samantha, Ian, or Alexis, we want you to know that support is available.
Lots of things can keep us from accessing valuable mental health services. You may be apprehensive about seeing a licensed professional in person. Commuting to an office for mental health services can feel like too much of a hassle. Thankfully, there’s another option: online therapy.
Online therapy gives you the opportunity to work with a mental health professional from the comfort of your home, office, car, or wherever you’d like. Many of our clients love the added flexibility and convenience that online therapy provides.
Are you ready to work with a licensed mental health counselor or therapist? Consider setting up an online appointment at Thriveworks Counseling in Birmingham, AL. Our team of mental health professionals can help you build toward a happier and healthier future.
Types of Therapy Offered Online
Most therapeutic methods revolve around a conversion between a client and their mental health professional. Because of this, most mental health services are very effective in remote environments. Online therapists can deliver the same standard of care that you’d get from traditional therapy.
We offer many types of online therapy services, including:
- Couples counseling
- Anger management
- Anxiety and depression therapy
- Panic disorder therapy
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) counseling
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) counseling
- Life coaching
- Grief counseling
- Addiction and substance abuse counseling
This is just a small subset of the services we provide. Our therapists and counselors have the training to implement many different therapeutic techniques to help their clients achieve their goals.
Do you want to work with a licensed therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, or another licensed professional? Call us today at Thriveworks Counseling in Birmingham, AL to schedule your first remote appointment.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy?
Online counseling lets you access mental health care from the comfort of your own home. Many of our clients love this type of counseling as it helps them feel more comfortable and at ease.
There are a lot of benefits to online therapy appointments, including:
- Hassle-free scheduling: Finding time for a session is easier when you don’t have to worry about driving to a provider’s office.
- Increased comfort: You might be nervous about the idea of in-person therapy or counseling. Online counseling lets you choose where every session takes place — you can work with a therapist in your bedroom, office, or wherever you’re most comfortable. Feeling comfortable may help you open up to your provider more easily and make progress more quickly.
- Treatment options: You’ll have a choice between talking to your provider over the phone or through a video chat. For some, phone calls can calm their nerves because they don’t have to worry about how they look on camera. For others, video chats can simulate a face-to-face interaction and help make a connection with their provider more quickly. You can choose whatever makes you feel most comfortable.
- Simplicity: Getting started with online therapy is very simple. If you decide to work with a provider over the phone, you’ll receive a call when your session is scheduled to begin. If you want to work with a therapist or counselor over a video chat, you’ll get a link before your session begins. Just click the link to join the session at the appointed time.
Working with a licensed mental health professional remotely can help you make valuable mental health progress without having to step foot outside your home. It’s a convenient option that helps many people achieve their goals and thrive. If you’d like to benefit from remote therapy appointments too, call our office at Thriveworks Counseling in Birmingham, AL today to get started.
Schedule Your First Online Therapy Session at Thriveworks in Birmingham, AL
When you’re ready to work with one of our online mental health professionals, call our office at Thriveworks Counseling in Birmingham, AL. Someone from our team will help you schedule your first appointment.
Online appointments make it easier than ever to make time for mental health services. We also offer evening and weekend appointments so you can schedule a session outside of normal working hours. All of this flexibility means that you can see a mental health professional quickly — sometimes within just a day or two after calling.
We also accept most major health insurance plans, so check with your insurance provider to see if your plan covers mental health care.
Online counseling can help you fit mental health care into your busy life. Call us today at Thriveworks Counseling in Birmingham, AL to set up your first appointment.