Breakup Counseling in Birmingham, MI—Oakland Counselors
It is very painful breaking up from one’s spouse, lover or partner: it usually causes a bad feeling and a negative emotion. Only a few people are strong enough to handle their post-break-up experiences. And starting a new life after break-ups could be a very difficult thing to do for many people.
Common Symptoms of Relationship Breakups
Here are some common symptoms revealed by people who have recently gone through relationship breakups:
- Feeling anxious or troubled with anxiety
- Physical discomfort
- Unable to sleep well
- Feeling depressed
- Loss of real motivation
- Planning to kill oneself
- Dearth of hope, etc.
Anyone experiencing one or all of the critical conditions highlighted above should seek relationship breakup counseling, as soon as possible. A trained relationship therapist will assist you in dealing with post-break-up headaches, things most people cannot handle on their own.
Challenges People Usually Faced After Breakups
- Social challenge: After break-ups, people could appear withdrawn as they are ashamed to mingle freely with their former friends and associates.
- Financial challenge: Money problems can also crop up after break-ups because each person has to fend for himself or herself once separation has been completed.
- Mental challenges: Relationship break-ups sometimes push people into mental health issues, like acute depression, anxiety and other major mental illnesses.
How Can a Qualified Relationship Counselor Help in this Case?
When you contact a qualified relationship Oakland counselor or therapist, he or she will be able to help you in the following ways. A therapist will:
- Take time to listen attentively to you and provide some practical suggestions
- Give you real-time counseling according to the initial information you have provided
- Provide practical guidance you can follow and implement
- Guide you through processes of self-recovery
- Introduce you into an atmosphere necessary for positivity and self-confidence-boosting
- Help you remove guilt and self-accusation from your mind
- Help you improve your communication ability
Relationship break-ups aren’t fun: If you are facing any of the relationship breakup issues described above, why don’t you give us a call?