Have you ever wished that you could attend your appointments from home? Fortunately, thanks to modern-day technology, this is now a possibility. Telehealth, or online health services, allows you to meet with a healthcare provider virtually. This means that you can talk with a doctor about any problems or concerns you might be having over the internet—this goes for your physical health and your mental health.
That’s right, telehealth is for mental health, too! You can now meet with a mental health professional right from home. Here at Thriveworks Arlington, we have multiple online counseling options, including telephone counseling and video counseling. In other words, you can attend your counseling appointment by phone or by video. Either way, our counselors and therapists are happy to work with you and help you address whatever mental health problem or concern you are experiencing.
If you are looking for mental health services, consider working with a mental health professional online at Thriveworks Arlington, VA. We have counselors, therapists, and psychologists who are available to work with in telephone counseling or video counseling. To schedule your appointment or hear more about our services, simply give our office a call at (703) 775-2939.
How Does Online Counseling Therapy Work?
You don’t have to have a high-level of technological skills to participate in online counseling at Thriveworks. It’s simple: First, you choose whether you want to work with a counselor over the phone or by video. Then, depending on which you choose, your counselor will either call you at the time of your appointment or send you a link to a video chatroom, of which you will enter at the start of your session. You only need access to a phone, computer, or another smart device that will allow you to answer your counselor’s call or chat with them over video.
You might be wondering, “Which online counseling option is right for me?” This will vary on an individual basis, but here’s a little more information about each option to help you make your decision:
- Telephone counseling: Telephone counseling, or online counseling by phone, is simply talking to your counselor over the phone instead of in-person. If you feel intimidated by talking to your counselor in-person, telephone counseling might be the right option for you, as it removes that face-to-face interaction.
- Video counseling: Video counseling, or online counseling by video, is talking to your counselor in a video chat instead of in-person. If you enjoy or prefer the face-to-face interaction that you get in in-person counseling, but you want to attend your counseling sessions from home, video counseling might be the right online counseling option for you!
It’s okay if you still aren’t sure which option is right for you or which you’d like to explore. We can help you make that decision when you call to schedule your appointment; it’s also okay to try one and then the other if the first one isn’t suited for you.
How Can Online Counseling Help Me?
Online counseling has evolved greatly since its inception. First, were telephone hotlines followed by online mental health discussion boards. Today, online counseling includes these important resources as well as one-on-one time with a real, licensed counselor or therapist. This means that online counseling can help you in many different ways. Here are a few issues you might discuss with your online therapist or counselor:
- Symptoms of a mental health condition, such as depression or anxiety
- Relationship problems, such as poor communication, infidelity, or trust issues
- Major life transitions, like making a big move or starting a new job
- Parenting challenges, such as a rebellious teen or child with a learning disorder
- High levels of stress, in one’s personal and professional life
This is just the short list. Our counselors and therapists are qualified to help you with a wide range of mental health problems. They have unique skills, specialties, and experience that enable them to assist you in addressing your individual problems and leading you in living a happier, more successful life.
Schedule an Online Counseling Appointment at Thriveworks Arlington, VA
Online counseling is helping more and more people secure the mental health services that they’re looking for. It eliminates certain barriers and provides a solution to others that someone might run into in looking for mental health care. Here at Thriveworks Arlington, we are proud to help you in online counseling. And we are eager to get you this help as soon as possible.
Here at Thriveworks Arlington, many of our clients meet with their counselor within 24 hours of scheduling. They also enjoy flexible appointment times, including those in the evenings and on the weekends. Call us today at (703) 775-2939 to schedule your online counseling appointment. We look forward to it.