Modern life can be incredibly hectic. Between work, school, parenting, managing a house, and maintaining a social life, it can be tough to take any time for ourselves. All of these moving parts can cause a great deal of stress while making it difficult to reach out for help when we need it.
Many of us avoid telling others about our problems. You might not want to burden your friends and family members with the weight of your issues. Plus, they likely don’t have the expertise to actually help. However, taking the time to work through your problems can have a huge impact on your state of mind.
Online counseling or therapy is an effective alternative to traditional, face-to-face mental health services. In the traditional setting, you’d meet with a mental health professional at their office. Online appointments let you talk to a licensed mental health professional from your bedroom, office, kitchen, or wherever you’re most comfortable.
To work with one of our online therapists or counselors, call our office today at Thriveworks Counseling in Appleton, WI. One of our scheduling specialists will be happy to help you set up your first appointment.
What Kind of Therapy Can I Receive Online?
Therapy generally involves a guided conversation between a mental health provider and a client. Because of this, therapy and counseling translate well to an online environment. At Thriveworks, you’ll receive the same standard of care online that you’d get from our traditional therapy services.
Most types of therapy and counseling are offered virtually, including:
- Depression and mood disorder therapy
- Anxiety and panic disorder therapy
- Marriage counseling and couples therapy
- Child and family therapy
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) therapy
- Divorce counseling
- Adolescent and teen therapy
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Stress management counseling
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) counseling
Online therapy lets you address your mental health issues with a licensed counselor or therapist without having to leave your home. If that sounds appealing, call our office today at Thriveworks Counseling in Appleton, to schedule your first appointment.
Online Therapy: Benefits to Expect
There are a lot of benefits to working with a therapist or counselor online, including:
- Increased convenience: Finding time for a session is much easier when you don’t have to worry about driving to a provider’s office. You can meet with a therapist or counselor during your lunch break at work, in the evening, or on the weekend.
- Added comfort: Some people want to talk to a mental health professional but they’re nervous about the process. Choosing your own space for each session can help you be more comfortable and open up to your provider more easily.
- More options: You have two main options for virtual therapy — talking to a provider using phone calls or video sessions. Using the phone can be a great option for someone who’s nervous about speaking to a mental health professional in person. Some people prefer the face-to-face interaction of a video chat. Either option can be great depending on your comfort level and previous experience with mental health care.
- Added simplicity: Getting started with online therapy or counseling is very simple. If you choose to work with a counselor or therapist over the phone, you’ll receive a phone call when it’s time for your session to begin. If you want to speak to a provider over a video chat, you’ll receive a link before your appointment. Simply click the link to join the chat when it’s time for your appointment.
Online therapy or counseling can be a convenient and effective option for anyone who wants to talk to a mental health professional. If you’d like to work with one of our online therapists or counselors, call our office today at Thriveworks Counseling in Appleton, WI.
Start Working With an Online Therapist at Thriveworks in Appleton, WI
Do you want to work with one of our online therapists, counselors, psychologists, or psychiatrists? If so, call our office at Thriveworks Counseling in Appleton, WI today. Someone from our scheduling team can work with you to set up your first appointment.
Our therapists and counselors offer evening and weekend sessions for their clients — these extended hours make it easy to find time for one of our online sessions. We also offer a flexible cancellation policy.
Our counseling center does things differently. You’ll speak to a real person when you call, and we won’t put you on a waitlist. Many of our new clients can get started quickly — some new clients can meet with a therapist or counselor within just a day or two after calling. We accept many major health insurance plans, so contact your insurance provider to see if your plan includes mental health coverage.
Working with a licensed mental health professional can help you work through your issues and find a happier, healthier state of mind. Call our office at Thriveworks Counseling in Appleton, WI to set up your first online therapy appointment.