Online Counseling in Williamsburg, VA—Online Therapy Near You
Beth and her husband got divorced when their children were very young. Over the years, she’s learned how to juggle working full time and raising two kids. However, she still finds herself rushing home to make dinner and spend time with them before it’s time to go to bed. After cleaning up around the house, she spends time reading over her kids’ homework to make sure it’s been completed. When she finally settles down for the night, it’s when her head is hitting the pillow.
Beth has been struggling for a while with depression and mood swings and feels like her overwhelming schedule has something to do with it. She wishes there was an option to get the help she needs that fits her busy schedule. Fortunately, there is.
Online counseling is an effective and easy way to get the mental health help you need when you need it. If you’re struggling like Beth, online therapy might be the right fit for you. Learning how to manage your time, stress, and complicated emotions are just some of the ways therapy can help.
Thriveworks Counseling in Williamsburg, VA offers online counseling services to our clients. Many people find that this form of therapy allows them to finally get the mental health help they have been searching for. Regardless of what issue or challenge you’re currently facing, Thriveworks in Williamsburg, VA can offer you support and guidance. We have a team of dedicated mental health professionals that possess a wide range of specialties.
If online counseling sounds like it might be a good fit for you, reach out to our office to schedule your first appointment.
Telephone Sessions vs. Video Sessions
We offer our clients two easy ways to virtually talk to their provider: over the phone or over video. Both options are reliable, effective, and easy to use. Here’s a little more information about them:
- Phone Counseling: Just as the name implies, this form of online counseling involves talking to your provider over a phone call. At your scheduled appointment time, all you have to do is answer your therapist’s call.
- Video Chat Counseling: If you prefer more face-to-face interaction with your therapist, video chat counseling is an excellent option for you. Before your appointment time, you will receive a link to a secure video chat room from your therapist. When it’s time, all you have to do is click the link.
Online therapy can be extremely beneficial to a lot of people. Whether you have a busy schedule or an open schedule, it proves to be a favorable option for our clients.
Who Is the Right Fit for Online Counseling?
Do you struggle to communicate with your family? Are you struggling to stay focused at work? Do you have low self-esteem? All of these are reasons to seek out counseling. The psychologists, counselors, coaches, and therapists at our office specialize in a multitude of areas surrounding mental health. Some of the more common reasons we work with clients include:
- Family turmoil
- Behavioral problems in children
- Eating disorders
- Marriage or relationship issues
- Low self-esteem
- Grief and loss
- Trauma and PTSD
- Significant life changes
- Stress management
- Anger management
Every person’s situation is unique, and yours is no different. The above list only touches on a few of the areas that we can provide you assistance with. Your Thriveworks licensed therapist will ensure that your individual needs and goals are met by creating a treatment plan specific to you and your challenges.
The Benefits of Online Counseling
Online counseling has a wide variety of benefits. To name a few, the added benefits include:
- Comfortability: One of the greatest perks is how comfortable online therapy is. Some people may feel pressure when sitting in a room with their therapist for the first time. You might feel nervous or awkward. Online therapy takes away that traditional in-person aspect and allows some of our clients to open up quicker than they would otherwise.
- Convenience: You can have your appointment virtually anywhere! In your car on the way home, during your lunch break, after dinner, curled up on your couch, and more.
- Effectiveness: Some might think that online counseling would be less effective than in-person counseling. However, that’s not the case. You can make the same meaningful progress over the phone or via video as you would sitting in an office.
Additional benefits like affordability and flexible scheduling options are also perks that our clients enjoy. Once you start online counseling, you’ll understand the leaps and bounds you can make in your mental health journey.
Start a Relationship with an Online Therapist at Thriveworks in Williamsburg, VA
To get started with one of our trusted mental health professionals, visit our online booking system or give our office a call. Here at Thriveworks in Williamsburg, we pride ourselves on providing you with accessible, uplifting mental health care. Starting this journey is a smart decision.
We look forward to hearing from you. Let us help you thrive.