Milan has been working really hard to advance her career. She puts in long nights, often works on the weekends, and always helps out her boss when there is some slack to pick up. Milan is hoping to get a promotion soon to a managerial position. Although she is finding a lot of success at work, her home-life balance is starting to fall off. Her new husband feels like she is prioritizing her career over their relationship. They talked about starting a family soon but now she isn’t sure if it is the right time. Milan is struggling to figure out what her main priorities are and needs help to work through her problems. She decided to finally get the assistance she’s been looking for and set up an online appointment with a Thriveworks Utah Counseling psychologist.
When you are in your 30s and actively pursuing a career and a home life,
a wife and children, you are busy doing as opposed to busy thinking.
As you get older, even as you don’t have as much time, I think you
tend to think more and reflect more on what is happening in your own life.”
Psychologists are mental health professionals who have the education, training, and experience to help you tackle any of the obstacles that life throws at you. The psychologists at Thriveworks Utah Counseling are open and ready to assist you on whatever journey you are facing. If you have something you are working through or feel like you just need a helping hand, call us today to get started.
What Does a Psychologist Do?
Psychologists are trained mental health professionals who provide people with a range of services including therapy and testing. Their main goal is to help people work through the problems they are facing in their personal and professional lives. Some of the methods they use to help their clients include:
- Talk Therapy: One of the most common methods is talk therapy. This is when your therapist sits down with you and you talk about how you are feeling, what you are going through, and your goals for yourself. This method is a great way for your therapist to better understand you and your concerns
- Behavior Therapy: This approach focuses on your normal and abnormal behaviors. A therapist might have you directly address a phobia or stressor in order to work through your thoughts and reactions. Another method of behavior therapy could be rewarding positive behavior or thoughts to train your brain.
- Cognitive Therapy: Cognitive therapy focuses on how people think rather than their actions. This type of therapy aims to change the way people feel or react to their stressors or symptoms.
There are many other methods a psychologist could use during your counseling sessions. These are just a few. By working with a provider at Thriveworks Utah, you can gain the tools you need to manage what you are dealing with and tackle future conflicts head-on.
Can a Psychologist at Thriveworks Utah Help Me?
Of course! Our psychologists have the training and experience in a multitude of specialties in order to help a broad range of concerns. Some of the more common reasons why we see clients include:
- Low self-esteem
- Family turmoil
- Relationship problems
- Grief and loss
- Stress at work and/or home
- Managing difficult emotions
- Parenting struggles
- Anger issues
- Addiction and substance abuse
- Child therapy
- Life coaching
If your specific concern is not on this list, don’t worry. The truth is that if you are struggling in any way, the psychologists at Thriveworks Utah Counseling can provide you with guidance and support. Our mission is to help you live a more successful and happier life. They remain dedicated to this mission and will do whatever they can to help you live better through the help of counseling.
Schedule an Online Counseling Session with a Psychologist at Thriveworks Utah
Are you looking for a psychologist in Utah? Are you struggling mentally or emotionally? Schedule an appointment with one of our compassionate psychologists. Here at Thriveworks Utah, we have two main scheduling options. They are:
- Phone counseling: your therapist will call you over the phone
- Video chat: you will be provided with a link that takes you to a video chat with your counselor
Both methods are proven to be effective, comfortable, and convenient. Some of our clients choose to switch back and forth between both methods to find which way works best for them.
In addition to the ease and accessibility of online counseling, we also offer our clients great benefits such as flexible scheduling and a wide range of appointment times. We look forward to learning more about you and helping you achieve the goals and expectations you set for yourself. Don’t wait to get started. Call today.