Online Depression and Anxiety Therapy in Utah—Therapists and Counselors
We all experience sadness and grief at some point in our lives. It could be from where you work, getting into an argument with a loved one, or failing a class that you studied really hard for. However, it is when that sadness looms and feels deeper in our chest that becomes worrisome. It causes you to start falling off and lose control of everyday activities. Consider these following scenarios:
- Your mom comes over to visit because she has not heard from you in a while. She notices that you have dirty dishes piled up in your sink and laundry scattered around your home. This is unlike you.
- You start to forget to eat and are losing weight because of it. You just don’t have the energy to leave your couch and make something. You do not have an appetite.
- Your best friend notices that you have been turning them down every time they ask you to hang out. They go to your house to confront you and can tell that something is off. You seem anxious and worried for no apparent reason.
- You have not had the energy or drive to shower in almost a week. It hasn’t even crossed your mind. You consider brushing your hair a win.
- You are in a constant state of worry about what needs to get done, what’s going to happen next, and making deadlines. It consumes your thoughts.
Can you relate to any of these situations? If so, you may be battling anxiety or depression. These are serious mental illnesses that often require the help and treatment from a mental health professional. The anxiety and depression therapists and counselors online at Thriveworks Utah have worked with many clients who are facing these challenges. We understand the toll these conditions can take on your overall wellbeing. If you feel like you could benefit from working with an anxiety therapist or depression therapist, reach out to Thriveworks Utah today.
Diagnosing Anxiety and Depression: What do They Look Like?
There are many different reasons why someone may be battling anxiety, depression, or both. However, knowing what type of anxiety or depression you are suffering from can help your therapist better create a treatment plan based on your specific needs and goals.
Some different types of depression that can manifest in someone’s life include:
- Major Depressive Disorder: this is the most common form, or most well-known form, of depression. Symptoms include feelings of despair, emptiness, hopelessness, insomnia or hypersomnia, and lack of interest in activities and relationships that once brought them joy. Symptoms for Major Depressive Disorder last for at least two weeks.
- Minor Depression: this form has the same symptoms as Major Depressive Disorder, but the severity and longevity are not as extreme.
- Persistent Depressive Disorder: this a form of Major Depressive Disorder that recurs frequently and for long periods of time. To be diagnosed with this disorder, symptoms must be present for at least two years.
- Bipolar Disorder: This disorder can cause extreme mood swings between depression and mania. Manic symptoms would induce risky behavior in someone’s personal and professional life. People often experience bursts of energy that can feel euphoric.
There are also several different types of anxiety someone can experience. They cause people to feel excessive worry, restlessness, shortness of breath, and more. Some of the different forms of anxiety can include:
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Also known as PTSD, this form of anxiety is brought on because of a traumatic event that happened in someone’s past. This can include physical or sexual assault, neglect, emotional abuse, being deployed to a warzone, and more.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: This form of anxiety is brought on by stressors in social situations. Someone may feel anxious speaking to someone they just met, present in front of a room full of people, or attending an event alone.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: One of the most common forms of anxiety, this can be brought on a variety of different stressors. This can be everything from meeting deadlines, going to the grocery store, or speaking to a co-worker.
Your licensed psychologist will work with you to identify what your concerns, challenges, and goals are in order to create a unique plan of action based on your needs. Thriveworks Utah offers online appointments for anxiety and depression and is dedicated to providing you with the help you need.
Get Anxiety and Depression Help Online at Thriveworks Utah
If you want to learn how to manage your symptoms and tackle the challenges you face because of your depression or anxiety, know that help is available. Thriveworks Utah offers appointments by phone or video chat. When you call to schedule your appointment, let the scheduling specialist know which method you prefer. Some of our clients like to try both methods to see which option works best for them.
In addition to providing dedicated care, we offer a wide range of appointment times to include daytime, evenings, and weekends.
Don’t let anxiety and depression rule your life. Take it back by getting the help you deserve. Call us today.