For many of us, the thought of starting counseling or therapy can be intimidating. We might not want to admit that we need help, or we might be nervous about talking to a mental health professional in person. This can keep people from reaching out for support when they need it, even though taking time for our mental health is so important in today’s hectic world.
At Thriveworks, we want to ensure that everyone has access to valuable mental health services. That’s why we offer comfortable, convenient online counseling options for our clients. Working with a counselor remotely provides the benefits found in traditional, face-to-face therapy –– just in a different format. Many people find that online counseling allows them to work with a mental health provider where they wouldn’t be able to otherwise.
Are you worried about finding the time to commute to traditional therapy appointments? Call our office today at Thriveworks Counseling in Tuscaloosa, AL to set up your first online counseling or therapy session. Our compassionate mental health professionals are standing by to discuss your issues and help you find a happier, calmer state of mind.
Online Counseling: What Kinds of Therapy Are Offered Online?
Online mental health care is very similar to in-person therapy or counseling. Most therapeutic methods focus on a conversation between therapist and client, so mental health care translates well to a virtual environment.
You can receive many different kinds of mental healthcare online, including:
- Anxiety, panic disorder, and phobia therapy
- Major depressive disorder therapy
- Bipolar disorder therapy
- Adolescent and teen therapy
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) therapy
- Child and family therapy
- Couples and marriage counseling
- LGBTQ+ counseling
- Life coaching and career counseling
- Grief and loss counseling
Working with a licensed mental health professional can help you get through many of life’s struggles, whether you’re facing symptoms of a mental illness, grieving the death of a loved one, or something else entirely. If you want to start working with one of our online therapists or counselors, call our office at Thriveworks Counseling in Tuscaloosa, AL.
What Are The Benefits of Online Therapy?
Some people avoid working with a mental health professional because they’re worried about finding time for care. Online therapy removes a lot of the roadblocks that can keep people from starting therapy or counseling.
When you schedule your first appointment, you have two main options –– phone calls and video chats. You can choose either option depending on your comfort level and preference:
- Phone calls: Some people are nervous about speaking with a counselor face-to-face –– talking to your provider over the phone can help remove some of this worry. Working with a mental health professional over the phone can help some people focus better on the conversation, allowing them to make more progress in each session. If you decide to work with your provider over the phone, you’ll receive a call when your appointment is scheduled to begin.
- Video sessions: Some people get more out of conversations when they can see the person they’re speaking to –– therapy or counseling over video chat is a great option for them. Seeing your therapist or counselor might help you make a connection with them more quickly and help you get more out of your sessions. If you decide to use video chats for your appointments, you’ll receive a link before your session is set to start. Click the link to enter the room once it’s time for your appointment.
Remote sessions are easy to schedule and fit into your day. You can talk to a provider in the car, during your lunch break at work, or from a comfortable space in your home. Call our office today at Thriveworks Counseling in Tuscaloosa, AL to get started with your first session.
Schedule Your First Online Therapy Session at Thriveworks in Tuscaloosa, AL
Do you want to work with one of our licensed therapists or counselors? Call our office today at Thriveworks Counseling in Tuscaloosa, AL. Our team of scheduling specialists will work with you to find a time that fits into your schedule.
Our goal is to make mental health care easy to access for anyone and everyone. That’s why we offer evening and weekend sessions so you can get care outside of normal working hours. This makes sessions easy to schedule, especially when combined with our online therapy and counseling options.
You’ll speak to a real person when you call, and we don’t believe in waitlists. Our clients can work with a licensed counselor or therapist quickly –– sometimes within 24-48 hours after calling. We accept many major health insurance plans, so check to see if your insurance includes mental healthcare coverage. Treatment might be more affordable than you thought.
Working with one of our online therapists or counselors can help you live a happier, healthier life. If you’re ready to schedule your first session with a licensed professional, call our office today at Thriveworks Counseling in Tuscaloosa, AL. We look forward to hearing from you soon.