Darius and his partner have been dating for about a year. They have gone on trips together, celebrated holidays together, and spend quality time at family functions together. They very rarely argue and to others, seem picture-perfect. Unexpectedly, Darius emotionally cheated on his partner. This took his partner by surprise and caused them to break up. He regrets what he did and wish he could go back in time and reverse what happened. He and his partner are now working on things and he wants to regain their trust. However, infidelity is not something that is easy to come back from. They decide to seek out the help of a trusted psychologist.
To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved.” – George MacDonald
Life is a series of ups and downs. One moment we can be celebrating, and the next grieving a loss. Whether you are having relationship problems or just need help boosting your confidence, a licensed psychologist can help. Thriveworks Towson Counseling has caring, dedicated psychologists who can help you work through all of life’s challenges and make meaningful improvements. To start working with one of our mental health providers, just give us a call. A member of our scheduling team will help you get set up for your first session.
What Can a Psychologist Do for Me?
Luckily, psychologists are trained in a variety of different mental health fields and can help their clients in both their personal and professional lives. They can help you work through your relationship problems, like in Darius’s case, they can help you better manage stress, process difficult emotions, and more. Let’s dive into the many different ways they can help you:
- Mental illnesses like anxiety and depression
- Relationship problems
- Family turmoil
- Grief and loss
- Low self-confidence
- Career problems
- Addiction and/or substance abuse
- Child therapy
- Parenting problems
- Life coaching
- Trauma and/or PTSD
- Stress management
- Anger management
- And more!
This list does not represent all of the mental health services offered at Thriveworks Towson. In fact, our psychologists don’t have many limitations when it comes to the mental health challenges they can help you with. They will use all of their tools, knowledge, and skills to best help you.
What Exactly Does a Psychologist Do?
Psychologists are trained professionals who have gone through extensive schooling and training to gain the tools and skills necessary to treat all aspects of mental health. Your Thriveworks Towson Counseling psychologist will consider all of your preferences, goals, and needs when creating a plan of treatment that is specific to you.
- How can my psychologist help me figure out what is going on in my life? Whether you think you might be dealing with depression or you have feelings of worry every time you go down a certain street, your psychologist can help you find the root cause of the problems you are facing. They can perform personality tests, diagnose mental illnesses, create treatment plans, and provide support to their clients during and after counseling.
- Will my psychologist put me on medication? In instances where a client may benefit from taking a prescription medication, your psychologist will work with your primary care physician or a psychiatrist to carefully find a treatment plan that works best for you. In some instances, medication is a great option for clients and your mental health provider will help you decide which route to take.
- How can my Thriveworks Towson psychologist help me feel more confident and supported? Because Thriveworks Towson is client-focused, we will do everything we can to make you feel safe, confident, and supported. You can learn different tools and techniques to take with you outside of the office that can help you tackle any future problems that arise. In addition, your psychologist will be the rock you need throughout your mental health journey and can guide you to a place of happiness and success.
- What is one of the best things I can take away from therapy and counseling? One of the most empowering things we can help you with is healing. Without the ability to heal, you can feel stuck and lost without letting past trauma drift away. You need to start living your life free of past grievances in order to feel free and happy.
We understand it can be a hard decision to start going to therapy. Just know that you are strong and capable of making change.
Schedule an Appointment with a Psychologist at Thriveworks Towson, MD
Ready to get started towards a path of better living? Great! To get started, you can visit our online booking portal or give us a call at (410) 753-2091 and one of our scheduling specialists will get you set up with a trusted provider.
We offer our clients a range of great benefits including flexible scheduling options, no waitlist, excellent customer service, online counseling, and more. We can’t wait to work with you!