Evie recently quit her job to focus on her dream of becoming a freelance artist. It’s been a dream of hers for several years, and now she finally has everything she needs in order to get started. But unfortunately, Evie is pretty anxious about the prospect of failing at her aspirations. Finding new clients hasn’t been the easiest task, and she’s falling behind on her expenses.
Thankfully, Evie has a support system of friends and family who help her to stay on track and to stay positive—but it’s not always enough. Evie is also the first to admit that talking to her loved ones about what’s troubling her makes her anxious. She doesn’t want them to worry about her, either. After some consideration, Evie is scheduling a psychiatry appointment—she’s ready to control her anxiety and find relief from a mental health professional.
Like Evie, many people experience the disruptive symptoms of mental health conditions and disorders that get in the way of the people and things they love. But at Thriveworks in San Francisco, CA our psychiatry team can help. Our psychiatrists are ready to partner with you to start addressing your mental health needs by implementing solutions that work best for your lifestyle.
What is a Psychiatrist? How Can They Help?
If you’re not familiar with what a psychiatrist is or does, they are:
- Medical doctors: Psychiatrists use their combined knowledge of medicine with their therapeutic background. They’re able to diagnose and treat many types of mental health disorders and conditions. The result is a unique and personalized client experience for you.
- Able to prescribe medication: Psychiatrists can prescribe helpful medications to their clients. These prescriptions assist people in managing their mental health issues. While not everyone will need prescription medicine, it’s just another unique way that psychiatry can benefit everyday people.
- Available online: We get it—you’re busy. It’s hard to find time to commute to a psychiatrist’s office while you’re working, balancing your family life, and trying to stay on top of other commitments you’ve made. With online psychiatry, say goodbye to not being able to prioritize your mental health needs because of a hectic schedule. Connect from home, the office, or really anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet and the ability to talk privately, online psychiatry can go with you anywhere.
Should I Consider Online Psychiatry?
It’s understandable if talking to a psychiatrist sounds like it will be more intense than meeting with a therapist or counselor. However, our psychiatrists are still expert listeners, and they’re not going to disregard your concerns or treatment preferences. When you share your perspective with them, our psychiatrists at Thriveworks in San Francisco, CA will work with you to make sure that your treatment plan fits your needs and desires.
And if you’re suffering from more persistent or severe types of mental health conditions or disorders, especially those that affect your mood or behavior, a psychiatrist at Thriveworks may be the best treatment choice. Our psychiatric team commonly helps everyday people like you to manage and mitigate their:
- Eating disorders
- Social anxiety
- And many other mental health conditions
With Thriveworks in San Francisco, CA our psychiatric team is 100% virtual, which means added convenience and scheduling flexibility for you. You might find our virtual services appealing if you want to:
- Eliminate the need to commute to a brick-and-mortar location. If you have reliable internet and a private space to talk with your psychiatrist, you’re set. Attend your session from home, the office—wherever.
- Prioritize your mental health. Take care of your emotional wellbeing, even if you have a busy work or travel schedule. Parents or those taking care of elder relatives can have the opportunity to take care of themselves, too.
- Reduce the anxiety you might feel about seeking mental health services. When you’re able to talk from the location of your choice, it can be easier to discuss concepts or situations related to your mental health needs.
Schedule an Online Psychiatry Session Today at Thriveworks in San Francisco, CA
Call our office today to enroll with Thriveworks if you’re ready to team up with someone from our online psychiatric team. Our providers are waiting to hear from you. When you contact us, you’ll be assisted by someone from our team of scheduling specialists, who can assist you with the enrollment process. And when you get enrolled as a client, you’ll get instant access to benefits such as:
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
- 23.5hr cancellation policy: Call less than 24hrs before your session to cancel without any charges
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
Seeking assistance from a psychiatrist at Thriveworks in San Francisco, CA is a great way to prioritize your emotional wellbeing and overall mental health. If you believe that you could benefit from talking to one of our mental health professionals, call our office today to start taking the next steps.