Online Therapy Counseling in Oakland County, MI—Oakland Therapists, Counselors
Evan works two jobs and can’t remember the last time he actually sat down to eat dinner with his family. He constantly feels overwhelmed and can’t catch a break. In addition to working 50 to 60 hours a week, he comes home and barely has enough time to see his kids before they go to bed. Evan is struggling to keep up with his work-life balance and it’s causing him and his wife to argue more than usual. He feels like he’s lost and doesn’t know how to fix what is going on.
Do you feel like the chaos of everyday tasks leave you feeling burnt out, much like Evan? Are you interested in getting professional help but don’t know how to find the time? Fortunately, Thriveworks Oakland Counseling offers online counseling appointments that can be done wherever, and whenever, is most convenient to you!
This means that you can have your appointment right from the comfort of your home, car, or office as long as you have a phone, computer, or another electronic device that connects to the internet. Online counseling offers you the comfort and convenience you may be looking for. If you are in need of mental health services, this could be the right counseling option for you. To schedule an appointment with one of our psychologists at Thriveworks Oakland Counseling, just call our office at (947) 217-3010.
How Exactly Does Online Counseling Work?
Online therapy sessions, otherwise known as teletherapy, are pretty simple. They are just like a normal, in-person therapy session except you meet with your counselor via video or phone. To help you choose what option would work best for you, we’ve explained them here:
- Phone Counseling: With this option, you would schedule a day and time to speak with your counselor over the phone. During your agreed upon time, all you have to do is answer the phone!
- Video Counseling: Similar to phone therapy, you agree on a date and time that works best for you and your counselor to talk. When it’s time for your appointment, your therapist will reach out via video chat. You will receive a link to take you to the chat!
Our therapists at Thriveworks Oakland Counseling have extensive training in their field and the experience and skill set needed to help you work through whatever challenges you may be facing. They are equipped and ready to help you virtually!
What are the Benefits of Online Counseling?
If you are still trying to decide whether or not online counseling is the right option for you, consider the following questions:
- Is your scheduled already overflowing? If you are like Evan and can barely find the time to sit down and eat dinner, you probably don’t have the time to drive to an office for a therapy session. We understand! When you are trying to decide between in-person and online counseling, take into consideration that only counseling is geared towards fitting into your schedule when you want it to.
- Would you feel more comfortable working with a counselor online rather than in person? Some people feel like they can open up more when not sitting down, face-to-face with their counselor. Don’t worry though. You will still receive the same level of care and attention online as you would in person. In addition, you could try out your session over the phone and online and see what option fits you best.
- Can you find a counselor near you with the right specialties for the concerns you have? Every therapist has specialties such as the age groups they work with to the specific concerns their clients have. It’s important to choose a therapist who fits your needs in order to build a stronger connection and grow in the most meaningful ways. Online counseling allows you to find and connect with the counselor who meets all of your priorities!
- Have unpredictable factors inhibited you from getting counseling treatment before? External factors like car trouble, bad weather, and kids missing the bus are all uncontrollable factors that could cause you more stress than needed. The benefit of choosing online counseling is that you won’t have to worry about any of these factors!
Online counseling is low-hassle and should ease from adding stress to your already stressful day. In addition to its comfort and ease, online counseling is an affordable therapy option. Many insurances pay for teletherapy by telephone and video. Thriveworks Oakland Counseling is ready to help you and answer any questions you may have.
Schedule an Online Counseling Appointment with Thriveworks Oakland Counseling
Online therapy is designed to help people with all backgrounds as well as those facing different challenges. Here at Thriveworks Oakland, MI, we can help with a broad range of topics such as depression therapy, anxiety therapy, and family therapy. Those are just a few!
If you are ready to take the next step towards finding relief and learning new ways to cope with your concerns, you can schedule an appointment with us online or by calling our office at (947) 217-3010. We can’t wait to hear from you and help you thrive!