At Thriveworks, we provide tailored counseling and psychiatry services for your mental well-being and growth. Our team of skilled therapists and psychiatric professionals offers personalized support to help navigate life’s challenges. Whether it’s specific concerns or deeper mental health exploration, Thriveworks commits to partnering with you.
Our collaborative approach, blending evidence-based practices and compassionate care, aims to empower you. Scheduling an appointment with Thriveworks isn’t just seeking help; it’s a proactive step towards a more fulfilling life, supported by dedicated professionals.
What Is the Difference Between Therapy, Counseling, and Psychiatry?
Therapy, provided by our counselors and therapists, addresses emotional and behavioral challenges using therapeutic techniques for mental well-being. Counseling, offered by counselors or therapists, focuses on specific issues and life adjustments, while psychiatry, led by our psychiatric nurse practitioners, involves diagnosing and treating mental health conditions with medication.
What Are the Types of Therapists You Can See?
While availability may vary, at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston, we offer:
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs): Specialized in social work and counseling for individuals, families, and groups.
- Licensed Professional Counselors (LPCs): Trained to offer counseling services for various emotional and mental health issues.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists (LMFTs): Focused on relationship and family-related issues.
When you connect with a provider at Thriveworks, you’ll be sharing your experience with an industry-leading expert; someone with the experience and professional insight you need to move forward.
How Do I Find the Right Therapist?
To find the right therapist or therapeutic approach at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston, browse our provider profiles, or contact your local office at (346) 233-0942 to discuss your needs and preferences with our helpful support team.
Signs I Should Go to Therapy
Some of the signs you might benefit from therapy or psychiatric services include:
- Persistent feelings of sadness, anxiety, or hopelessness
- Difficulty managing and coping with daily stress
- Strained or troubled relationships with family, friends, or partners
- Overwhelming grief after a significant loss
- Frequent mood swings, anger, or irritability
- Changes in appetite, sleep patterns, or energy levels
- Unresolved trauma or past experiences affecting your well-being
- Struggles with addictive behaviors or substance abuse
- Loss of interest in previously enjoyed activities
- Overwhelming feelings of guilt, shame, or worthlessness
Don’t hesitate to reach out to one of our providers if you’re feeling any of these symptoms.
What Are the Benefits of Online Therapy and In-Person Therapy?
The benefits of online therapy include:
- Convenience and accessibility from anywhere
- Reduced travel time and costs
- Comfortable and familiar environment
- A wider selection of therapists to choose from
The benefits of in-person therapy include:
- Face-to-face interaction and non-verbal cues
- No reliance on internet connection or technology
- Privacy and confidentiality in a physical office
What Should I Do If a Loved One Needs Help?
If you have a loved one who is in need of mental health services, you can help them by attempting to:
- Communicate openly and non-judgmentally
- Offer support and encourage them to seek professional help
- Research and connect them with appropriate resources
- Be patient and maintain a supportive presence throughout their journey to recovery
Our experienced therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners can assist—don’t hesitate to have the individual you love seek help and support.
Are the Therapists at Thriveworks Licensed and Verified to Provide Therapy?
Yes, all of our therapists, counselors, and psychiatric nurse practitioners are licensed or in the process of receiving their licensure.
How Much Does Therapy Cost?
At Thriveworks, we take most major forms of insurance, which means that many of our clients only pay $0-$50 co-pay per session. However, there are also self-pay options that sit around $200 per session (for both in-person and online sessions) depending on the service and location, for those who are out-of-network.
Licensed Psychiatrists: Are They Right for Me?
Psychiatrists are mental health professionals who attend medical school and earn a medical degree. Their medical training helps them diagnose, treat, and manage mental, emotional, and behavioral health issues for their clients. They understand the connection between bodily health and mental health, helping them look at issues comprehensively and treat each person holistically.
Psychiatric professionals are doctors, so they can prescribe medication for their clients. Not all treatment plans will include a prescription, but some medications can reduce the severity of certain symptoms and make them more manageable. Prescription medication is sometimes used in combination with talk therapy to help clients manage their mental health issues.
Our psychiatric providers work with their clients using convenient online therapy options. If you want to speak with a psychiatric nurse practitioner, consider calling us at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston today.
Appointments Available at Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston
When life starts to feel chaotic and uncontrolled, we want you to know that support is available. Working with a mental health professional can help you find a sense of control, stability, and happiness in your life.
At Thriveworks, we work to make sure you can fit mental health care into your busy schedule. We offer many appointment times throughout the week in addition to evening and weekend sessions. We also accept many major medical insurance plans so getting mental health care might be easier and more affordable than you think.
Call Thriveworks Counseling & Psychiatry Houston to get started today. Our scheduling team can set you up with a provider and answer any questions you have about the process. Our team of providers looks forward to seeing you soon.