When you consider what makes you feel anxious, there’s probably a lot of things that immediately come to mind. Perhaps it’s work, your financial situation—maybe even a relationship or two. Whatever you associate with anxiety, you might find it’s easier to know what’s causing it than to know what to actually do about it. For some, a deep breath or a walk might alleviate some of their tension, and then they’re back to normal.
But it’s possible for anxiety to become a powerful force, one that occasionally dictates our thoughts about the past, present, and future. It’s not easy to manage such strong emotions alone, but opening up can be a challenge all by itself. Thriveworks in Gulfport, MS aims to make the process of opening up to a mental health professional easier than ever.
Do You Have Symptoms of an Anxiety Disorder?
While diagnosing yourself with any sort of mental condition isn’t possible, knowing the symptoms of a disorder that might be presenting or beginning to manifest can be helpful. Many of those who suffer from anxiety disorders feel the following:
- Restlessness, agitation
- The sensation of being emotionally drained
- Difficulty sleeping or insomnia
- Racing thoughts that are difficult to manage
- Chronic fatigue or bowel conditions like IBS, acid reflux, or IBD
- Nausea or dizziness, rapid heartbeat
For many with anxiety disorders, these symptoms become a constant and malignant disruption from their everyday life. Because of the nature of these disorders, many people with anxiety conditions benefit from connecting with our psychiatrists.
Anxiety Therapy and Psychiatry in Gulfport, MS
Psychiatrists are mental health professionals who are also medical doctors. Using a specialized blend of talk and behavioral therapy in combination with prescription medication, psychiatrists are aptly equipped to diagnose and treat complicated disorders that affect our emotions and behavior.
While not every Thriveworks client will need a prescription, those who do can receive them discreetly with our online psychiatry option. Online psychiatry is a great way to cut back on the time it takes to travel to a brick-and-mortar office for treatment. It also lets you access the care you need from wherever you are.
Some of the most common anxiety disorders that our Thriveworks psychiatrists help treat include:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: As the name implies, this disorder often doesn’t arise from a specific source. Those with it often struggle to describe or understand where the sensation of constantly being on edge comes from
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD): PTSD is usually triggered by a specific event or set of events that the sufferer witnessed, or was part of. These memories can be recent or from the distant past. Those with PTSD are often plagued by nightmares, flashbacks, and might seem withdrawn.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): People affected with OCD often fixate on irrational thoughts, or repetitive actions or behaviors. Those with this condition may additionally have extreme superstitious beliefs.
- Social anxiety disorder: This condition causes individuals to face extreme anxiety during or prior to social interactions. It can be triggered by everything from concerts to small family gatherings.
- Panic disorder: This anxiety disorder is well-known for causing panic attacks. People with panic disorder, when triggered, experience chest pain or tightness, cold sweats, dizziness, and nausea as a result of their anxiety.
While anxiety disorders can sound intimidating, and being diagnosed might feel shameful, these disorders are treatable. Their effects can even be minimized with proper treatment and care. If you are diagnosed, or if you suspect that you might have an anxiety disorder, the mental health professionals at Thriveworks are on your side. We’ll partner with you to find the treatment plan and scheduling times that work best for you.
Scheduling Anxiety Therapy at Thriveworks in Gulfport, MS
The decision to seek mental health services is an independent decision, and for some, it can be extremely beneficial. If it seems to you like you have symptoms of anxiety or an anxiety disorder, then considering anxiety therapy is a smart choice. To make it even easier, we use a team of scheduling specialists to assist you in your decision to see a mental health professional at Thriveworks. As soon as you call, a scheduling specialist will be on the other line to:
- Help you find the psychiatrist or therapist you need, even if they’re not in your locale
- Provide booking assistance 7 days a week
- Navigate adding your insurance, or even Medicare for certain locations
- Offer both online and in-person session options
While the decision to seek psychiatric or psychological assistance for anxiety is your own, dealing with anxiety is not something you need to do by yourself. At Thriveworks in Gulfport, MS, we understand anxiety, and we know how to help. So when your anxiety gets in the way of your goals, consider anxiety therapy with Thriveworks as a solution.