Depression Therapists in Aurora, CO—Therapy, Counseling for Depression
If one thing is certain, it’s that we all struggle and experience difficult emotions. The good days come, but so do the bad. And sometimes, the bad days stay a little or (a lot) longer than we’d like. Still, it’s important that we do our best to accept, understand, and manage these difficult situations and emotions. The problem is that the sadness or despair we feel can linger and everything we try to do to stop it or get through it doesn’t work. In fact, this despair can grow worse and we might experience harmful symptoms as a result—physical, mental, and emotional—that make everyday living hard, impossible even.
This is when it’s time to reach out for help. If you feel a deep despair for weeks at a time, and you have lost your interest or joy in day-to-day life, you might be depressed. Depression is a mental illness that often requires treatment from a medical professional. The good news is that there are depression therapists who specialize in and dedicate their work to helping people just like you.
“Depression is the most unpleasant thing I have ever experienced… It is that absence of being able to envisage that you will ever be cheerful again. The absence of hope. That very deadened feeling, which is so very different from feeling sad. Sad hurts, but it’s a healthy feeling. It is a necessary thing to feel. Depression is very different.” –J.K. Rowling
Thriveworks Aurora has depression therapists on staff who know just how to help you. They will develop a treatment plan specifically for you, based on your unique symptoms and needs. Our providers have the right knowledge, skillset, and experience to help you manage your symptoms and meet those needs. Starting a partnership with a Thriveworks Aurora provider can prove to change your life for the better. See for yourself. Call today to schedule an appointment. You can reach us at (303) 731-3701.
What Is Depression? Am I Depressed?
Depression can look and feel different in different individuals. That being said, if you are depressed, you have exhibited a significant change in behavior. It’s important that you meet with a medical professional to talk about your symptoms, including this change in behavior. Here is a list of common depression symptoms:
- Deep sadness or despair
- Lack of interest in daily or one beloved activities
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Lack of concentration
- Difficulty sleeping
These symptoms can be damaging to your life. Know that you don’t have to just accept them or try to work through them alone. The depression therapists at Thriveworks Aurora specialize in helping clients to manage their symptoms and ultimately live a happier, healthier life despite depression.
How Can Thriveworks Aurora Depression Therapists Help?
Depression can cause you to feel hopeless, worthless, and totally uninterested in day to day life. It’s important that you get the help you need as soon as possible, so that you can get back to your happy, healthy self. When you reach out to Thriveworks Aurora, here is what you can expect:
- A scheduling specialist will answer your call and guide you through the quick, easy scheduling process. This involves answering a few basic questions and then choosing from flexible scheduling options, like evenings and weekends. We’ll get you set up with someone who specializes in dealing with depression.
- When you come in for your person appointment, you’ll notice and enjoy our modern and welcoming office space. This is just one small part of our mission to provide you with the best possible therapeutic experience from start to finish.
- Your therapist will call you in for your session on time. Most of the sessions at Thriveworks begin on time or early, as we know that time is of the essence. We want to help you feel better as soon as possible.
- When you finish up your session, you’ll leave the office with access to your therapist via email or phone. They will do their best to answer any non-emergency questions or commentary.
Here at Thriveworks Aurora, your health and happiness is of utmost importance. Partner up with a depression therapist today to get back to better living. You can reach us at (303) 731-3701.