Anxiety Therapy in Aurora, CO—Therapists and Counselors
We have a funny way of worrying about everything under the sun: from making it to work on time despite standstill traffic to ensuring the kids are behaving for the babysitter, getting into a fight with our loved ones, paying the bills, getting all of the chores done, and spending enough time with family. And that’s just the shortlist! The good news, though, is that it’s natural to worry about these day-to-day affairs. That said, it becomes unhealthy when this worry becomes excessive and disturbs life as we know it.
If you are experiencing excessive worry that is causing you significant distress, you could benefit from working with an anxiety therapist. These specialists know and understand the harmful symptoms of anxiety, including fatigue, loss of appetite, sweating, and other mental as well as physical symptoms. An anxiety therapist can help, whether you’re dealing with generalized anxiety or a more specific anxiety disorder like social anxiety.
“I have anxiety about anxiety, then I worry the anxiety will ruin my life. It’s a snake-eats-tail loop. But I’m opening up to others; I found a lot of people have felt the same way.” –Rachel Bloom
Thriveworks Aurora has anxiety therapists on staff who are ready and equipped to help you with your anxiety. They have the proper knowledge, training, and experience to assist you in managing your symptoms and living an overall happy, healthier life despite the anxiety you might experience about a range of events. A partnership with a Thriveworks Aurora anxiety therapist can prove to have a major impact on your life. If you are ready to experience the benefits and live better, reach out today. You can call us at (303) 731-3701 to schedule an appointment with one of our providers whenever you’re ready.
What Does Anxiety Look and Feel Like?
Do you worry uncontrollably on a day-to-day basis? Do you feel anxious in social situations? Are you experiencing uncomfortable or harmful symptoms as a result of this worry? Anxiety can come with a variety of symptoms, but if you answered yes to the above questions, you might need anxiety help. Here is a more comprehensive list of symptoms that characterize or can accompany anxiety:
- Uncontrollable worry
- Moodiness or irritability
- Lack of focus
- Fast heartbeat
- Difficulty sleeping
- Muscle tension
Do any of the above symptoms resonate with you? Trying to manage these symptoms by yourself can be exhausting and prove unsuccessful. Know that you don’t have to do it alone. You can work with a professional who has a specific skill set to help you manage your anxiety. Reach out to Thriveworks Aurora when you are ready to work with one of our providers.
Common Anxiety Disorders: 5 Main Types
As we mentioned above, there are different types of anxiety, which come with different symptoms and can vary in severity. Here are the 5 major anxiety disorders:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by everyday worry. Those with GAD feel anxious even when there is nothing to worry or stress about.
- Social Anxiety Disorder: Social Anxiety Disorder, or social phobia, is characterized by anxiety rooted in social situations or interactions. Those with this disorder might get triggered by specific social situations, such as public speaking, or feel anxious during all social activity.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by anxiety caused be a traumatic event. Individuals with PTSD experience a wide range of symptoms from flashbacks to difficulty sleeping and more.
- Panic Disorder: Panic Disorder is characterized by an intense fear that triggers physical symptoms like dizziness or shortness of breath.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is characterized by recurrent or unwanted thoughts as well as repetitive behaviors.
If you are exhibiting symptoms of any of the above anxiety disorders, know that help is available. You can start working with an anxiety therapist at Thriveworks Aurora as soon as today.
Work with an Anxiety Therapist at Thriveworks Aurora
If you are struggling with anxiety, reach out for help at Thriveworks Aurora. We have anxiety therapists on staff who want to help you manage the harmful symptoms that come with anxiety disorders and ultimately live better. You can reach us at (303) 731-3701 to schedule your appointment whenever you feel ready. We’ll be here.