Ken worked long hours at a tech startup in Silicon Valley. He was passionate about his work, but sometimes he worried that he was neglecting his mental health in exchange for professional success. For instance, he found himself staying up later every night, glued to his cell phone or computer screen, unable to calm his mind and body. His appetite had diminished and he’d lost 10 pounds without even trying. And he always seemed to be worried: that he wasn’t doing enough, that he was going to fail, that he was an impostor at work and everyone would figure it out eventually. But Ken barely had time to fit daily meals into his schedule. How was he going to see a counselor to help him with his stress, self-doubt, and anxiety?
Ken could benefit from reaching out to an online counselor at Thriveworks in Sunnyvale, CA. Thriveworks mental health providers are fully licensed and highly qualified to deliver exceptional psychological services online as well as in-person. If your busy schedule is holding you back from seeking the professional support that you need to succeed at work, at home, and in your personal relationships, Thriveworks may be the answer.
Is Online Therapy Effective?
Telehealth services are still relatively new, but so far the evidence-based scientific research has shown video therapy to be just as effective as in-person therapy. Peer-reviewed studies have primarily looked at counseling for depression, anxiety, and trauma. Therapy clients for these issues reported the same amount of satisfaction with video counseling services as they did for in-person treatment. Much of the research has looked at the high efficacy rates of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) techniques conducted online.
Not only is online therapy effective at Thriveworks in Sunnyvale, VA, it’s also affordable. Our licensed mental health providers accept most health insurance, whether they’re seeing you virtually or in the brick and mortar office.
Other benefits of online counseling include:
- It can feel safer to be upfront and honest when you’re nestled in familiar surroundings.
- It can be easier to fit an online appointment into your schedule because you don’t have to account for travel time.
- You aren’t required to sit in a waiting room.
- You can count on Thriveworks online sessions being HIPAA-compliant and completely secure thanks to the latest in telehealth interfaces and software.
- You can still attend therapy sessions if you’re traveling for work or pleasure. As long as you have internet access and a smartphone or computer, you’re good to go.
- You can still attend therapy sessions if you have a cold or virus and are worried about spreading germs.
- You can still schedule convenient therapy sessions even if you live in a rural area and travel is time-consuming.
- You can still see your therapist even if your only free time is on evenings and weekends, outside of normal clinic hours.
What Can Mental Health Providers Treat Online?
The licensed counselors at Thriveworks in Sunnyvale, CA can treat most psychological symptoms and concerns online. You may be unable to get out of bed in the morning, or you may just need a little boost of positivity in the form of solution-focused therapy. The issues we diagnose and provide expert treatment for include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Midlife crises
- Sex issues
- Relationship problems
- Eating disorders
- Panic attacks
- Bipolar disorder
- Hyperactivity or focus issues
- Substance abuse
- Gambling addiction
- Obsessions and compulsions
Our therapists use a wide variety of evidence-based therapy techniques like CBT and eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) in order to treat their clients’ symptoms. Our licensed clinical psychiatrists can also prescribe medications like antidepressants and mood stabilizers online. However, if you’re suffering from acute symptoms of mania or psychosis, we recommend that you visit a psychiatrist in-person. If you have thoughts of suicide, you should reach out to a crisis line immediately.
Take Advantage of Thriveworks Benefits: Book Your Online Counseling Appointment Today
At Thriveworks, you can expect your counseling sessions to begin on-time or early at least 97% of the time. You can also expect to meet with your fully licensed, top-rated counselor within 24-48 hours of booking your initial appointment. When you become a Thriveworks client, you also get email and phone access to your counselor between sessions.
Other benefits of Thriveworks’ services include our popular educational materials like exclusive videos and e-books, as well as our Ask-a-Coach 24hr Q&A service. When you call to make an appointment, you can count on our renowned, high-touch customer service. Our representatives open the Thriveworks office early and keep it open late so you can reach a real human, not a voicemail, when you’re ready to seek help.
Find the therapist who’s the best match for your needs by calling us today. Do not wait to get the mental health support you deserve. We can’t wait to hear from you!