Oliver works two jobs to pay his tuition. Between shifts as a museum security guard, afternoons spent processing online orders in a busy bakery, and his classwork, he barely has time to shower, let alone focus on his mental health. Oliver has always felt slightly anxious but lately, life feels overwhelming. He knows that worrying about money prevents him from enjoying college or spending time with loved ones, but seeking out a therapist sounds like yet another time-consuming task.
Does this sound familiar? Are your responsibilities keeping you from finding a licensed mental health professional? Does meeting face-to-face sound daunting? Do you hate sitting in traffic to get to an inconveniently located office building?
Thriveworks Counseling in San Jose, CA offers a solution to these problems and others: online counseling.
Also called online therapy, online counseling services allow you to meet with skilled counselors through phone calls or secure video chats. It’s not so different from traditional therapy, where you work one-on-one with a provider, but it comes with added benefits: there’s no commute and you can attend a session from practically anywhere.
If you’re considering working with a therapist, counselor, psychiatrist, or another mental health professional, reach out! Give us a call or contact us online today at Thriveworks in San Jose, CA to schedule your first remote appointment.
Online Therapy Services Offered in San Jose, CA
Therapy involves more than treating severe cases of mental health problems. While online therapists are equipped to help people with concerns like addiction, trauma, and depression, they can also help navigate workplace issues, relationship strains, low self-esteem, and more.
At Thriveworks, we offer a wide variety of online therapy services, including:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): A common form of therapy, CBT aims to improve mental health by identifying and addressing the underlying thought patterns that can worsen mental and emotional challenges.
- Depression and anxiety therapy: If you’re experiencing lasting unhappiness and stress that interrupt your daily life, therapy for depression or anxiety may help you regain a sense of control.
- Grief and loss counseling: Therapy for coping with grief aims to help people process the physical, emotional, social, spiritual, and cognitive burdens that accompany loss.
- Family therapy: Therapy can be a family affair! Family therapists specialize in strengthening communication and resolving conflicts between loved ones. They offer a neutral, third-party perspective for families handling complicated disagreements.
- Anger and stress management: With the help of a licensed counselor, you can learn to process feelings of frustration and work through them productively.
- Life coaching and career counseling: Life coaches can help you set professional and personal goals, reach new opportunities, and live your best life.
- Couples therapy: Marriage and couples therapy combines individual and paired sessions to help couples communicate, set healthy boundaries, and improve their relationships.
Whatever you are going through, a trained online counselor may be able to help. Schedule an appointment at Thriveworks in San Jose, CA today through the phone or using our online booking tool.
What Can I Expect From Online Counseling?
Working with a therapist online is quite similar to in-person therapy. Your provider will get to know you better to understand what is affecting you and the best way to help. Our counselors and therapists undergo years of schooling and guided practice so they can identify and diagnose mental disorders, as well as work with clients to achieve their unique goals.
Online counseling can work in one of two ways:
- Telephone counseling: Sometimes you need to speak with someone without the added pressure of appearing in-person or on camera. Other days, you might be out-of-town during your session. Therapy through phone calls might be the solution — at your scheduled appointment time, you’ll get a call from your counselor. All you have to do is pick up the phone.
- Video chat counseling: Maybe you want to chat with a therapist in person but can’t attend meetings across town. In that case, video sessions might be your best bet. They allow for face-to-face communication but with the added flexibility of being able to take appointments from wherever you are. Before your session, you’ll receive a link to a secure video chat room. When it’s time, simply click on the link to join the call and speak with your provider.
If you’d like to try online therapy, Thriveworks Counseling in San Jose, CA is ready for you.
San Jose, CA Online Sessions at Thriveworks — Book Today
You don’t have to allow inconveniences like traffic or time constraints to prevent you from reaching out for help. Booking an online counseling session at Thriveworks is simple and comes with plenty of perks.
In addition to connecting with therapists and counselors conveniently, we offer:
- Text-message assistance with scheduling, billing, and cancellations
- Access to your provider in-between sessions using email or phone
- Exclusive video content and a 24-hr Q&A with a life coach
- Participation in counselor-moderated community discussion boards
- Same-day and next-day appointments
Whether you prefer in-person or remote therapy, our licensed counselors and therapists at Thriveworks in San Jose, CA are standing by to help. Call or reach out online to schedule an appointment!