Josh used to see a therapist once a week, but since his work life has taken over, he no longer has time. While he wants to get back into the routine that he used to know, it doesn’t feel like his schedule can budge at all. It’s starting to wear on him, especially when his frustration and boredom catch up to him. Without having the outlet he used through therapy, Josh feels lost.
Josh has been doing his best to hold in these feelings, but he knows that isn’t going to last forever; eventually, he’ll need to open up to someone, somehow. Josh decided to do some research of his own, and feels like he should attempt to make time for therapy once more. He really needs to talk to a mental health professional, and this time, he’s hoping that he can attend sessions virtually when he needs to.
Maybe Josh’s situation isn’t identical to yours, but if you’re reading this, it’s possible that your mental health is struggling and you aren’t sure where to turn. At Thriveworks in San Francisco, CA our team of psychologists is ready to help. We offer top-quality therapy and counseling services with our providers, and many are available to meet virtually. If you’re interested in discovering the benefits of talking with a psychologist, call our office today.
What Does a Psychologist Do? Can They Help Me?
Psychologists are experienced mental health professionals, who often have advanced degrees related to mental health care and its studies. Their job is to assist clients as they talk through the challenges they’re faced with, often helping them to implement coping methods and different ways of communicating to alleviate issues. Some of the common conditions or concerns that our Thriveworks psychologists in San Francisco help with include:
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
- And many other conditions and life situations
Don’t be concerned if your specific issue or situation isn’t listed above–these are just a few of the many different ways that a psychologist can help. In fact, that’s why it’s so important to talk candidly with your psychologist about what’s troubling you. By doing so, they can understand your situation and perspective more. With your feedback, a psychologist can help you find healing strategies that work best for you and your needs.
At Thriveworks in San Francisco, CA our psychologists can also help those with friendship, family, or relationship issues to improve their connections through group counseling sessions. Group counseling with the ones you love can help you all to improve your:
- Romantic relationships or marital problems
- Family relationships
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills and ability to compromise
Connect Virtually with Online Counseling
Our psychologists are also available virtually through online counseling. It’s easier than ever to find time for counseling with your provider when you can connect from home, on the go, or while traveling. Additionally, online counseling may be an attractive option if you’re looking to:
- Avoid any potential anxiety or embarrassment that arises for some people during in-person sessions.
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session.
Online counseling is also a great way for those with family obligations, odd work schedule, or health-related issues to still get access to their psychologist without compromise.
Book a Therapy Session with a Thriveworks Psychologist in San Francisco, CA
With the professional support and guidance of a psychologist at Thriveworks in San Francisco, it’s never been easier to prioritize your mental health needs. If you’re ready to find relief by teaming up with one of our psychologists, call our office to get started with the membership process. Our scheduling team is available to help seven days a week, and with their assistance, you can easily set up your insurance, book your first appointment, and find the right psychologist. And after you’ve become a Thriveworks member you’ll be able to access exclusive benefits, including:
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- Online therapy options
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other electronic mental health resources
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
Take the time to consider if you’re ready to explore new territory with a psychologist at Thriveworks in San Francisco, CA. With the assistance of a psychologist, you can become better equipped to handle life’s ups and downs. Our psychologists can partner with you to help address and manage the mental health concerns that are most important to you.