The author Jack Kornfield once stated, “In my experience, psychotherapy at its best is like dual meditation–it’s like a container in which you can be compassionate and mindful toward yourself.” We can all read self-help books, consult our friends, or seek advice from advice columnists, but there’s no substitute for one-on-one professional counseling if you truly want to make changes in your life. Licensed counselors and therapists have the training and expertise to capitalize on your strengths and help you with skill-building, problem-solving, and more to help you achieve your goals. And best of all, many of today’s best counselors can meet with clients online through secure videoconferencing technology.
The licensed mental health professionals at Thriveworks in Morgantown, WV offer online counseling services as a complement to their in-person counseling sessions. Online counseling sessions are full-length and of the same high quality as in-person sessions at the modern Thriveworks office, but they can take place from the convenience and comfort of your own home.
Can Online Therapy Transform Mental Healthcare?
Online therapy services have the potential to transform mental healthcare by making traditional therapy more accessible to more clients. The online therapy platform at Thriveworks in Morgantown, WV allows specialized therapists and psychiatrists to reach their clients through the Internet or phone call. It’s a modern way to talk to therapists who are licensed, but may be inconveniently far away. Online counseling also comes with the following client benefits:
- Clients may be able to attend their therapy sessions without booking babysitters or taking time off work.
- Clients and therapists can still hold sessions even when they’re traveling.
- Clients may find it easier to open up emotionally from their familiar settings.
- Clients can save money on travel costs.
- Clients can choose from an array of specialized counselors, no longer being limited by geography.
- Therapists can host group therapy sessions with clients who live far apart and find it difficult to be in the same place at the same time.
- Clients with mobility issues or disabilities can still attend their therapy sessions.
- Online counseling enables busy clients to meet with their provider on evenings or weekends.
Are There Psychiatrists I Can Talk to Online?
Thriveworks clients in Morgantown, WV have the benefit of speaking to psychiatrists (MDs) and psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners (PMHNPs) through online therapy sessions. Psychiatric services offered online at Thriveworks include full therapy sessions and medication management. If you have a mental illness that makes it difficult for you to travel to a psychiatrist’s office, you may find a therapist who can help at Thriveworks. The Morgantown, WV office also offers online therapy from the following types of mental health professionals:
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs), who provide talk therapy, including cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs)
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs)
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs), who offer family therapy and couples therapy
- Substance abuse counselors
All Thriveworks providers are recruited from the top 4% of applicants in the Morgantown, WV area, ensuring that clients get exceptional care from top-notch clinicians.
What Can an Online Therapist Treat?
A licensed online therapist can treat most mental health conditions and life issues that arise in their clients’ lives. Treatment plans with professionals like LPCs and psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Morgantown, WV might help with any number of difficulties, including the following:
- Major depression
- Bipolar disorder
- Life transitions
- Panic disorder and panic attacks
- Eating disorders
- Relationship issues
- Self-esteem issues
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Anger issues
- Grief and loss
- Parenting concerns
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD)
- Attention difficulties and attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
If you’re not sure if you’re experiencing symptoms of a mental health disorder, or if you feel uncertain about what kind of treatment you need, online sessions with a licensed therapist can help clarify your goals and needs.
Online Counseling with Licensed Providers at Thriveworks in Morgantown, WV
The online counselors at Thriveworks in Morgantown, WV can work with your insurance company to try to find you coverage for your sessions. Thriveworks prides itself on being a mental health company that accepts most major health insurance plans for online counseling as well as in-person therapy. Sessions with a licensed counselor have never been so affordable or accessible. In addition, Thriveworks clients can reach out to their provider by phone or email between therapy sessions.
Life is too short to struggle with treatable mental health conditions and with issues that can be solved elegantly with the help of the right licensed professional. You do not have to suffer alone. Help is available at Thriveworks in Morgantown, WV, where highly qualified, compassionate providers are waiting to guide you toward your goals. Give our office a call today to speak to someone who can match you to a great online counselor. We look forward to helping you!