Have you ever played on a team? Have you ever asked a friend or family member for advice? Have you ever gone to the doctor for an injury or illness? We know that you answered yes to at least one (probably two) of these questions. This means that you’ve sought help and/or been guided by a professional at some point in your life. And you likely benefited as a result—whether you went on to improve your soccer or basketball skills; you worked through a problem thanks to your loved one’s help; or you received a diagnosis and treatment from your doctor.
Our point is this: A mental health professional can provide you with help, guidance, support, and treatment, too. Only they focus on assisting their clients with the betterment of their mental and emotional health. You don’t feel ashamed of playing a sport, talking to your loved ones, or going to the doctor when you don’t feel well, right? You shouldn’t feel ashamed of seeing a counselor, therapist, or psychologist either.
Clouds come floating into my life no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky. –Rabindranath Tagore
If you decide to pursue counseling, consider working with a mental health professional at Thriveworks Indiana Counseling. Our providers help their clients in a virtual environment. In other words, you get to attend all of your sessions by phone and/or video. Many people prefer online counseling to in-person counseling, as it offers optimal convenience as well as flexibility and comfort. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, contact Thriveworks Indiana about online counseling today. We can talk to you further about our services or get you scheduled.
What Can Online Counseling Help Me With?
Think of the many reasons that one might see their general physician or make a pitstop at an urgent care: they feel sick; they think they’ve broken a bone; they’re bleeding excessively; they want to talk about or change their meds; they think they might have an eye infection. The reasons are aplenty. The same is true for why one might see a counselor or another mental health professional. Some common reasons include:
- Symptoms of a mental illness, such as depression or anxiety
- Trouble managing stress or coping with tough emotions
- Difficulty working through a relationship issue in one’s marriage
- Failure to communicate effectively with loved ones
- Lack of happiness, success, or fulfillment in one’s life
A counselors, therapist, psychologist, or life coach can help you in any of the above scenarios. They can help you with other problems or concerns, too. And remember, there is no shame to be had in working with a counselor.
Here at Thriveworks Indiana Counseling, our counselors provide their clients with a nonjudgmental and supportive space for opening up about their unique challenges. These mental health providers can help you manage stress, cope with tough feelings, repair relationships, recover from mental illness, and so much more.
Online Counseling Perks: What Are the Benefits to this Virtual Relationship?
Both in-person and online counseling are effective approaches to mental health care. However, online counseling does offer several benefits that in-person counseling doesn’t. For example:
- Optimal convenience: As we mentioned earlier, online counseling is super convenient. We probably don’t need to explain why, but the gist is this: you can attend your session from anywhere.
- Greater flexibility: Additionally, online counseling comes with greater flexibility. Often, there are more appointment days and times to choose from, including sessions in the evenings and on the weekends.
- More reliability: Also, online counseling often brings with it more reliability. You don’t have to worry about the possibility of getting held up in traffic, getting caught in a storm, or missing your appointment due to other external factors.
When it comes to online counseling, all you need is a device and internet connection to attend your phone counseling or video counseling session. Otherwise, you’re all set. Come prepared to begin the rest of your life! We look forward to it.
Schedule a Virtual Therapy Session at Thriveworks Indiana Counseling
Thriveworks Indiana Counseling is here and ready to help everyone in the state of Indiana. Our providers are uniquely qualified, with specific skills, training, experience, and specialties, that enable us to offer our services to a wide range of people.
If you’re interested in the benefits that you could find in working with an online counselor at Thriveworks Indiana, give us a call. We’ll get you set up for your first session now.