You go to the doctor when you’re sick. You try to get enough sleep, eat well, and stay active. You care for your physical health but what about your mental health? It is just as important to our well-being, yet many people push mental health issues on the back burner where they simmer until they are finally ready to boil over.
There are many reasons why people don’t prioritize their mental health. They may feel embarrassed to admit they have a problem or they may think they don’t have the time to fit counseling sessions into their busy schedules.
But at Thriveworks, our caring psychologists make it easy to take the first step. We offer remote therapy appointments seven days a week so you can squeeze us in without ever stepping foot outside your home or office. Simply pick up the phone or open a video chat link and you’ll be on your way to taking control of your life again.
Whether you’re struggling with mood swings, anxiety, depression, or something else entirely, or clinical psychologists are ready to help you build a better life. Reach out to schedule an appointment at Thriveworks in Cedar Rapids, IA today.
When Should I See a Psychologist?
A psychologist is skilled to treat a wide range of disorders. They can treat mild cases of anxiety and depression, and they can also work to treat more severe conditions like borderline personality disorder and bipolar disorder.
Here are some of the reasons people reach out to a licensed psychologist:
- Depression and anxiety
- Anger and stress management issues
- Substance abuse
- Eating disorders
- Borderline personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Sexual, physical, or emotional abuse
- Addictive behaviors
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Major life transitions
- Low self-worth or body image issues
- Behavioral issues
If you’re experiencing one or more of these conditions, don’t hesitate to contact Thriveworks in Cedar Rapids, IA. When you’re ready for counseling, we’re ready to support you through your mental health journey.
How Can a Psychologist Help?
A licensed psychologist may hold a variety of degrees. After earning a bachelor’s degree, many go on to receive a master’s in behavioral analysis, counseling psychology, and/or clinical psychology. This extensive education gives them the ability to diagnose and treat many kinds of mental and emotional disorders.
As part of your counseling, a Thriveworks psychologist may use one or more forms of talk therapy to help you work through your struggles. Some examples of this could include:
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): DBT encourages clients to learn coping mechanisms to more effectively regulate their emotions, tolerate distress, and reduce self-destructive behaviors.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): CBT focuses on challenging and reframing harmful thought processes in order to make behavioral changes and mitigate symptoms.
- Art therapy: Art therapy uses art and creativity to help people relieve stress and identify underlying issues.
Other forms of therapy include interpersonal therapy, exposure therapy, and psychoanalysis. If your psychologist feels medication may be beneficial alongside therapy, they may refer you to a Thriveworks psychiatrist who can make that determination.
Working with a psychologist can help you lead a happier life, build stronger relationships, and take back your passions and hobbies once again. Click or call to schedule an appointment with the licensed clinical psychologists at Thriveworks in Cedar Rapids, IA.
See a Psychologist Today at Thriveworks in Cedar Rapids, IA
At Thriveworks, we make it simple to get started. Contact us and you can schedule a therapy session with a psychologist during the week in the morning, afternoons, and evenings — even on the weekends! We offer telehealth capabilities as well via phone or video and can often accommodate same-day and next-day appointments for new clients.
When last-minute issues come up, clients can take advantage of our flexible cancellation policy. Other benefits of working with a Thriveworks psychologist include:
- Access to your provider in between appointments by email or phone
- Access to our counselor-moderated community discussion boards
- Q&As to assist with life coaching questions
- Exclusive access to videos to support your recovery
- Free access to our eBook, “Leaving Depression Behind”
- The Therapy Buddy mobile app to get the most from your therapy sessions
We also accept health insurance to help make your appointments as accessible as possible. When you feel ready to take the next step, reach out to the mental health professionals at Thriveworks in Cedar Rapids, IA. Our licensed psychologists are here to support you on your mental health journey. You can thrive — we can help.