Find Anxiety Therapy Services in Buffalo, NY
Many people with anxiety believe that it’s something they must simply live with. They’re afraid to seek counseling, they distrust it, or they don’t think it will work for them. If you’re in this position, simply ask yourself these questions:
- Are you sick of living with anxiety?
- Are you sick of having panic attacks?
- Are you tired of planning your whole life around avoiding things that may trigger your anxiety?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, it’s possible that you could benefit from talking with an anxiety therapist at Thriveworks in Buffalo, NY. They’re specially trained in treating many of the uncomfortable and frightening emotional effects of persistent anxiety. Your therapy experience will be influenced by your mental health needs, and if you are experiencing anxiety, your treatment plan will be designed to help you cope and mitigate the effects of anxiety on your mental wellbeing.
If you’re interested in the ways that anxiety therapy, counseling, or psychiatric services could benefit you, call our Nampa, ID office to find out more.
Do I Have the Symptoms of Persistent Anxiety?
Anxiety is a common sensation that many people face, but when anxiety becomes persistent and stands in the way of enjoying your life, it’s helpful to consider whether counseling or therapy could improve your ability to function and manage anxious thoughts. By connecting with a therapist or counselor at Thriveworks in Buffalo, NY you’ll be able to share your concerns and how your anxiety is affecting your daily life.
Some of the common signs of recurrent anxiety include:
- Racing thoughts, inability to concentrate
- Digestive problems
- Fatigue, difficulty sleeping
- Anger issues
- Decreased performance at work
- And many other symptoms
Regardless of the mental health professional you’re matched with, taking proactive steps towards prioritizing your mental health can give you a big boost. Taking the time to balance out your mental health needs could allow you to be more present during the moments and situations that matter most.
What Type of Anxiety Could I Have?
Some of the anxiety disorders that our providers can help you to manage are:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): PTSD, can occur in anyone that has been through a psychologically or physically painful event. Those who suffer from it are often privy to flashbacks to traumatic events, nightmares, and antisocial behavior.
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety induces distress while engaging with other people. Everything from grocery runs to birthday parties can be cumbersome, fear-filled events.
- Panic disorder: Panic disorder can cause panic attacks. These physical episodes might result in dizziness, chest pain, vertigo, and nausea.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): GAD causes anxiety in different scenarios, whether real or imagined. This disorder can be difficult to identify because it isn’t triggered by any single source of anxiety.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): This disorder often induces irrational thought loops, or impulses to perform random physical actions in repetition.
How Can a Therapist Help with My Anxiety?
When you’re working on addressing anxiety, there isn’t a specific treatment plan that works for everyone. At Thriveworks Buffalo Counseling & Coaching, that’s why we need to treat you and not just your anxiety. Some key points that might be part of your treatment plan include:
- Learning self-care and coping methods from your counselor or therapist
- Helping you eliminate substances that can increase anxiety (like caffeine and alcohol),
- Family counseling
- Individual counseling
Anxiety tends to become a powerful force, one that occasionally dictates one’s thoughts about the past, present, and future. It’s not easy to manage such strong emotions alone, but opening up to a therapist or counselor about your anxiety could help. If you’re feeling like a mental health professional could assist you, consider scheduling your first session today.
Schedule Anxiety Therapy at Thriveworks in Buffalo, NY
If it seems like you have symptoms of an anxiety disorder, then considering therapy or psychiatric care could offer you relief. You can go online to book your first session, or if you decide to call a scheduling specialist will be there to offer:
- Help in finding the psychiatrist or therapist you need, even if they’re not in your locale
- High-touch assistance 7 days a week
- Assistance in adding your insurance, or even Medicare for some locations (check web availability)
- Help in talking you through online and in-person session options
- Help in finding your weekend and evening session times
The decision to seek psychiatric or psychological assistance for anxiety is your own choice, but dealing with anxiety is not something you need to do by yourself. At Thriveworks in Buffalo, NY we understand how anxiety feels and how harmful it can be—and we know how to help. Connect with one of our licensed providers today to start working toward freedom from anxiety through symptom management and an emphasis on personalized mental health care from Thriveworks.