Online Counseling in Bristol, VA
When you think about your best life, what comes to mind? Is it full of healthy relationships? A fulfilling career? Living without depression, anxiety, or other mental health concerns?
Thriveworks Bristol, VA offers online counseling as a way for you to regain control over your life and continue shaping your ideal life. Our online counselors give you the tools and training to make the most out of your life. If you want to schedule an online counseling session, call us at (423) 822-5099.
What Is Online Counseling?
Online counseling is a convenient, comfortable, form of counseling where you don’t even have to leave your house, office, or even your car. Your counselor will communicate using one of two methods:
- Phone counseling: A simple method of counseling in which your counselor will call you at your scheduled appointment time. All you need is a quiet, comfortable spot, and maybe your favorite snack.
- Video counseling: Counseling through video is very easy to use! Your counselor will send you a link shortly before your appointment. When you’re somewhere comfortable with Wi-Fi, follow the link. It’s as easy as that!
Online counseling with Thriveworks Bristol is a great resource for those who can’t or prefer not to attend counseling in-person. Thriveworks Bristol’s core beliefs do not change with the methods of delivery. We still promise nonjudgmental, empathetic therapy with a focus on you.
Should I Try Online Counseling?
There are many reasons to try online counseling. With the outbreak of the coronavirus, the most immediate reason might be that of safety. Other reasons include:
- It’s convenient: Why travel to the counseling office when you can sit curled up on your couch for the same value? Online counseling is about streamlining the counseling process by taking out the travel and waiting room time.
- It’s comfortable: Let’s go back to that couch. You have your coffee and your blankets. Maybe a pet is curled up by your feet or the kids are playing in the next room. Dinner is on the stove, ready to eat after your appointment. It can be a lot easier to open up in this comfortable environment. The quicker you open up the quicker you will heal and grow.
- It’s reliable: With online therapy, you don’t have to worry about bad weather or congested traffic. The online counseling appointment is more likely to start on time and be more fulfilling
- It’s affordable: Online counseling is covered by most insurance. Thriveworks Bristol, VA also offers affordable self-pay options.
- It’s flexible: Some counselors specialize in trauma. Others specialize in LGBTQ issues. Some only see adults and some only see children. The most successful counseling happens when you find a perfect counselor match. Online counseling expands your search by untethering you from your immediate proximity.
There are many other reasons to try online therapy. It’s different for every person and it is important to find what works for you.
Online Counseling During the Coronavirus Outbreak
With the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic, many people are doing their part to stay safe and healthy by staying home. While this is vital in stopping the spread of coronavirus, it can make it extremely difficult to see a counselor for mental health concerns, strained relationships, or the stress of living during this pandemic.
Thriveworks Bristol wants to acknowledge the trials you are facing. Some of you might be at-risk for contracting the virus or have a loved one who is at risk. Others might have lost their jobs or run a small business that is struggling. Maybe you are relatively safe but still feel the collective weight this is taking on our community. We want to take a moment and remind you:
You are not alone. You are strong. Together we will get through this.
We’re not medical experts, nor are we economic experts. But we have seen again and again the strength and resilience of our community. The COVID-19 pandemic is no different. We are doing our part by offering online counseling so that you can receive professional, licensed, help without leaving your home.
Online counseling during the coronavirus can treat many common concerns facing individuals and families today. Some of these include:
- Coronavirus anxiety: Whether it’s the economic state of your community or the health concerns that is giving you anxiety, Coronavirus can be scary. It doesn’t have to consume your life, though. Talking to someone about your anxieties can be extremely helpful, and Thriveworks Bristol is here to help.
- Loneliness: Social isolation has a lot of people feeling lonely. Without seeing loved ones or even being able to go to stores or restaurants, it’s natural to feel alone. Humans are social beings after all. Counseling gives you positivity, unconditional regard, and human interaction. Talking to one of our licensed, professional counselors can help alleviate your feelings of loneliness.
- Counseling for children and adolescents: With schools closed, a vital part of student’s lives have been taken away. They might be feeling uprooted, anxious, depressed, or just plain bored. Whatever your child is facing, counselors in Bristol, VA are here for them.
The Coronavirus pandemic has presented our community with unprecedented challenges. Although things are scary right now, we will get through it.
Online Counseling at Thriveworks Bristol, VA
Telehealth is a convenient way to connect with a counselor from the comfort of your home, office, or even your car. Talking with a therapist can have huge benefits for your mental health. Thriveworks Bristol is here for you no matter what you are going through.
If you’re ready to talk to a counselor, give us a call today at (423) 822-5099.