Online Counseling Options in Somerville, MA
Fortunately for us, most things are available online: We can order takeout from our favorite restaurant online; we can shop for our groceries online; we can find information about every topic under the sun online. And perhaps most importantly, we can receive professional help online.
There are mental health professionals and medical doctors available to help you online at Thriveworks Counseling in Somerville, MA. We partner with many different professionals who have skills, experience, and training in the mental health field. These include:
- Life coaches
Therapists, counselors, and psychologists focus on helping their clients with a variety of mental health problems. Life coaches, on the other hand, focus on helping their clients accomplish more in their personal and professional lives. And finally, psychiatrists are medical doctors who focus on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of mental illness.
If you’d like to work with one of these professionals in a virtual environment or you’d like to hear more about our online counseling services, give Thriveworks Counseling in Somerville, MA a call. You can also schedule your session right on this page!
How Do Online Therapy Sessions Work?
Online therapy can be conducted in several different mediums. At Thriveworks in Somerville, MA, you can choose to talk to one of our licensed professionals on a phone call or in a video live chat. Both telephone sessions and video sessions are effective and convenient online therapy services.
Many people find that telephone sessions are the simplest, most convenient way to talk to their licensed therapist. Others, though, prefer video sessions because they offer a form of face-to-face interaction, which people find valuable in in-person traditional therapy.
Online therapy sessions are convenient, and they come with other benefits too. Consider:
- These sessions offer greater comfort, as one can attend them from home or another comfortable space of their choosing.
- Online counseling is affordable, too. While health insurance didn’t use to cover online therapy services, most major insurances do now pay for online counseling.
- There is often greater flexibility as well. Many clients find that they can book an online appointment with their provider the same or next day. They also have more flexible options for day and time.
Mental Health Issues Addressed in Online Counseling
Online counseling does not remove or lessen the value of mental health services. Clients can make important progress with their provider, as they embark on tough yet rewarding conversations about their past, present, and future.
There are many different mental health issues that can be addressed in online counseling. Here are some of the most common problems that Thriveworks online professionals see in their clients:
- Symptoms of mental illness, which accompany depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and others. Therapies like cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) can help with these disorders, which focuses on improving negative thought patterns.
- Relationship issues, like poor communication and trust issues. These can be resolved in online couples therapy and marriage counseling. Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists pull techniques from different types of therapy, like emotionally focused therapy and The Gottman Method.
- Stress and difficult emotions like anger. Licensed mental health professionals can also help their clients better manage stress and respond to other difficult emotions over the phone and/or video.
To summarize, online mental health professionals can address virtually any problem their client is having. If your psychological health is suffering, reach out to Thriveworks in Somerville, MA today.
Schedule a Telephone or Video Session at Thriveworks in Somerville
Thriveworks Counseling recognizes the importance of mental health services that are accessible to all. Online counseling enables more and more people to receive mental health help than ever before, and we’re proud to offer it to the people of Massachusetts.
If you would like to meet with one of our online providers, be it a psychologist, counselor, therapist, life coach, or psychiatrist, give us a call. You can also book your appointment on this page if you’re ready to get started!