Online Anxiety Therapy—Therapists and Counselors for Anxiety in Ohio
Anxiety is a part of life. From a young age, whether you remember it or not, you’ve dealt with some shape or form of anxiety. Throughout the years, for example:
- Riding your bike for the first time without training wheels and hoping you don’t fall
- Waiting for your caregiver to come home while you wait with your babysitter
- Taking a test that you studied for all night
- Hoping to win in the last inning of your baseball or softball game
- Crossing your fingers over getting into your dream school
- Waiting to hear back from the company you just interviewed with
- Hoping your pregnancy test is positive
- Sitting in the waiting room of a hospital, waiting to hear if your loved one is okay
Chances are, you know what feeling we are describing. You can feel it in the pit of your stomach, twisting and turning. Anxiety can be exhausting, both emotionally and physically. It makes your thoughts race and can suck the joy right out of you. It’s normal to experience anxiety in certain situations. However, if your anxiety is frequent and brought on for no apparent reason, you may be suffering from an anxiety disorder.
Thriveworks Ohio has online anxiety therapy for those who want to tackle their anxiety and work their way towards a happier, less stressful way of being. If you feel like you could benefit from speaking with a professional, call us today. Our team of counselors is here and ready to help.
How Do I Know if I Have an Anxiety Disorder?
Anxiety to a certain extent is good. It helps you do things like study for tests, look both ways before crossing the street, and be more alert when playing a sport. It is true anxiety that makes you feel more symptoms than just nervousness before speaking at a meeting. There are several different types of anxiety disorders such as: separation anxiety, school phobia, obsessive-compulsive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, social anxiety, phobias, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and agoraphobia. No matter what type of anxiety you have, chances are you have one or more of the following symptoms that affect your daily life:
- Fear and avoidance of people, situations, and places
- Excessive worry
- Panic attacks
- Fear of losing control or dying
- Muscle tension
- Obsessive-compulsive tendencies
- Sleep disturbance
- Difficulty concentrating
- Excessive sweating
Anxiety can be induced by stress or a traumatic event and it can even come out of nowhere. It also affects every age, gender, race, and socioeconomic class. If you are battling these conditions and want to take your life back from the grip of anxiety, we can help you at Thriveworks Ohio.
How Does Online Anxiety Therapy Work?
There is not much of a difference between anxiety counseling in-person versus online. You can get the same care, attention, and make the same progress with your counselor via teletherapy as you could at an office. When choosing online therapy, you can have your session one of two ways: by phone call or video chat. If you are unsure of what method you prefer, try both! Once you find the method that works best for you, you can maintain it throughout the remainder of your sessions.
When starting therapy, you will discuss with your counselor your obstacles, wishes, and goals. They will work with you to create a custom plan of action to tackle your concerns. In doing so, they may use a variety of different methods to help lessen your anxiety to a manageable place. Some of these powerful methods include:
- Coping methods: Anxiety just doesn’t go away overnight. It takes a lot of dedication. Luckily, we can provide you with different coping mechanisms to make it easier to manage when it does get bad.
- Learning how to identify anxious thoughts: When you can recognize when your brain is causing you to have racing thoughts, you can use the coping mechanisms you have learned to shift your thoughts to a better place.
- Talking about the main issue: Sometimes, whether we know it or not, anxiety is caused by a specific thing that has happened to us in our past. It could be from a car accident, being bullied, being abandoned by someone, and more. Our counselors at Thriveworks Ohio can help you identify the root cause and overcome the past trauma.
- Exposure: As horrible as it sounds, your therapist may have you expose yourself to the thing that gives you anxiety. Facing your anxiety in a safe, controlled environment can be extremely beneficial in overcoming it.
There are so many other ways that you will spend your time with your counselor. These were just a few main ways. We pride ourselves on being client-centered and will do everything we can to put our clients and their needs first.
Schedule an Online Anxiety Therapy Session with Thriveworks Ohio
To schedule an appointment with us, you can either go to our online booking portal or call to be connected with a scheduling specialist. We offer a wide range of appointment times including daytime, evening, and weekends. Along with the benefits of ease and comfortability of online counseling, it’s also a very affordable option. Thriveworks Ohio accepts most major insurance carriers and has self-payment options available as well.
Don’t let anxiety continue to control your life and hold you back from doing the things you love and the things you want to try. Let us help you in your journey to living a happier, healthier life.