The psychiatrist Carl Jung once stated, “I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.” Unfortunately, it’s difficult to become who you want to become without confronting your past. When you stop avoiding what happened to you and face yourself in a compassionate and supportive environment, incredible things can happen. Sometimes the first step toward the mirror can be the hardest one. That’s where Thriveworks can help.
Online mental health counseling at Thriveworks in Montgomery, AL doesn’t cut corners just because it’s virtual. Thriveworks online talk therapy sessions are full-length and full quality. Licensed therapists and counselors meet clients via the secure, HIPAA-compliant online therapy platform to discuss sensitive personal matters like life transitions, mental health conditions, relationship conflicts, and much more. Each session and treatment plan is individualized for the needs and goals of the client. Thriveworks counselors are insightful, experienced, and highly qualified.
What Do Mental Health Professionals Think About Online Therapy?
Mental health professionals tend to give online therapy the same high approval ratings as therapy clients do. Therapists enjoy the scheduling flexibility that virtual sessions afford. For example, Thriveworks clients and counselors can meet on evenings and weekends. They’re not beholden to office hours in Montgomery, AL. In addition, online counseling sessions have been proven in study after study to be just as effective and powerful as in-person therapy sessions. Live chats via videoconferencing incorporate body language and eye contact, so providers and their clients can both make use of nonverbal communication. And some licensed counselors find that talking to their clients in an environment that’s familiar to them can help them open up emotionally. They may also appreciate these additional benefits of online therapy:
- They can facilitate group therapy sessions by allowing everyone to video conference from different locations rather than physically gather in the same place at the same time.
- They permit clients to meet with their providers even if they’re traveling.
- They enable therapy sessions even if someone is ill or has mobility issues.
- Clients can still meet with their therapists even if they’re experiencing acute mental health symptoms that make it difficult to leave home.
- They enable clients in rural communities to access premium mental health services from Thriveworks providers.
What Are the Most Affordable Therapy Options?
For people with health insurance, the most affordable therapy options might be those that accept health insurance coverage. Thriveworks accepts insurance coverage from many major insurance providers. Thriveworks in Montgomery, AL also offers competitive self-pay rates for clients paying out of pocket. Thriveworks clients who opt for online counseling may also find that they save money on travel expenses and even babysitters. They also may not need to take time off work to make virtual appointments, as they would for in-person appointments.
What Is the Difference Between a Counselor and a Social Worker?
Thriveworks in Montgomery, AL offers a variety of specialized mental health services from different providers. Here’s a quick guide to the types of online providers that Thriveworks recruits from the top 4% of applicants in their fields:
- Psychiatrists (MDs) do psychotherapy and can prescribe medications to clients experiencing mental health conditions like depression or anxiety.
- Psychologists (PhDs or PsyDs) are psychotherapists who can be counseling psychologists or clinical psychologists.
- Licensed professional counselors (LPCs) help clients find solutions to specific issues. For example, they may do pride counseling or substance abuse counseling.
- Licensed clinical social workers (LCSWs) do counseling and help direct clients to helpful social services.
- Licensed marriage and family therapists (LMFTs) do couples therapy and family therapy.
Can I See a Psychiatrist Online?
Thriveworks psychiatrists in Montgomery, AL can meet with clients online to diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental health conditions. They can also prescribe and manage medications through Thriveworks’ virtual health program.
What Can an Online Therapist Treat?
Online providers at Thriveworks in Montgomery, AL can treat most of the same mental health conditions and life issues that they can treat in-person at the modern office. These include the following:
- Relationship conflicts
- Eating disorders
- Mood disorders like depression
- Anxiety disorders
- Panic disorder and panic attacks
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Bipolar disorder (manic depression)
- Existential crises
- Empty nest syndrome
- Attention difficulties
Get Premium Online Counseling at Thriveworks in Montgomery, AL
When you call the Thriveworks office in Montgomery, AL during extended business hours, you’ll reach a human being, not a voicemail. Our staff can help answer your questions and book your appointment. Or you can book online at your convenience. Most new clients can meet with their provider within 24-48 hours of their initial call.
Finding an exceptional therapist who can help is as easy as calling Thriveworks. Don’t delay reaching out to an online counselor who can help you on your journey to happiness. We look forward to hearing from you!