Online Depression and Anxiety Therapy in Missouri—Missouri Therapy and Counseling
Depression and anxiety are two of the most common mental illnesses across the globe. Still, many people aren’t sure what to do when they start to feel depressed or anxious. They begin to exhibit symptoms like racing thoughts, a deep despair, feelings of hopelessness, withdrawal from others, and/or a lack of concentration. But they might not contribute it to the proper illness. They might assume that it’s just a phase and that the given feelings will pass. In most cases, however, the symptoms won’t just pass. Depression and anxiety are both harrowing conditions that often take mental health treatment to manage and overcome.
People who have psychiatric disabilities often find that they lose their
‘selves’ inside mental illness. Recovery is in part the process of ‘recovering’ the self
by reconceptualizing illness as only a part of the self, not as a definition of the whole.”
–Nora Jacobson, PH.D., & Dianne Greenley, M.S.W., J.D.
Are you experiencing symptoms of depression or anxiety? We mentioned a few above: racing thoughts and a lack of concentration are characteristic of anxiety, while deep despair, hopelessness, and withdrawal from others often come with depression. Now, anxiety and depression also share symptoms. Additionally, many people suffer from both of these illnesses at the same time. This makes understanding, monitoring, and talking to a professional about your symptoms important.
If you are feeling depressed, anxious, or both at once, please talk to a counselor or another medical professional. Thriveworks Missouri Counseling has depression and anxiety therapists on our team who are available to help you online now. In fact, if you call us now, we can likely get you started with your depression or anxiety therapist as soon as today or tomorrow. We are dedicated to providing our clients with compassionate care right away. To schedule your online depression or anxiety therapy appointment, just call our office. We’re here to help.
Depression and Anxiety Disorders: What Are the Symptoms?
There are many different causes of depression and anxiety. However, determining this cause isn’t always easy to do. The important mission is to learn what type of depression or anxiety you have on your hands so that you can best manage it. This will also enable your therapist to come up with the best treatment plan for you. Here are a few common types of depression, accompanied by their symptoms:
- Major depression: The most common form of depression is major depression. This is the depression that you hear and read about. Symptoms include that deep despair we mentioned earlier, sleep disturbances, feelings of hopelessness, withdrawal from others, and a lack of interest in one’s day to day.
- Minor depression: Another common type of depression is minor depression. Minor depression comes with the same symptoms as major depression; however, they are not as severe and they don’t typically last as long.
- Bipolar disorder: This is another form of depression that many people don’t often identify as a depressive state. Bipolar disorder is characterized by the back and forth of depression and mania. Manic states come with risky behavior and bigger-than-life energy that can make one feel euphoric and powerful.
As with depression, there are different types of anxiety, of which come with their own symptoms. A few common anxiety disorders are:
- Generalized anxiety disorder: This is similar to major depression in that it is the most common form of anxiety. This is the anxiety that you hear and read about, characterized by uncontrollable worry and racing thoughts about a variety of events.
- Social anxiety disorder: Social anxiety is another common form of anxiety that is triggered in social situations. One might feel anxious about meeting new people, speaking in front of a big group of people, or engaging in other social interactions.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder: Post-traumatic stress disorder is another form of anxiety, which is brought on by a traumatic experience. Traumas include physical assault, mental abuse, car accidents, and natural disasters.
If you believe that you might have one of the above depression or anxiety disorders, consider working with a therapist at Thriveworks Missouri Counseling. We have depression and anxiety therapists on staff who can help you online as soon as today.
Schedule Online Therapy for Depression or Anxiety at Thriveworks Missouri
Symptoms of depression or anxiety can make you feel isolated, alone, and scared. Remember that both of these illnesses are highly treatable and that help is available to you. In fact, the therapists at Thriveworks Missouri Counseling would be honored to help you. They’ll get to know you and your experience, so that they can then customize a treatment plan for you and your given illness.
To schedule an online therapy appointment for depression or anxiety at Thriveworks Missouri Counseling, just call our office. We’re here for you and we always will be.