The experience of breaking up from a lover, partner, or spouse could be emotionally draining. It often creates an uncomfortable feeling of confusion as people struggle to get painful past memories out of their chests in order to embrace a peaceful, new life.
Common Symptoms of Relationship Breakups
Highlighted below are some common symptoms usually associated with relationship breakups:
- Real physical discomfort
- Loss of motivation
- Thoughts of suicide
- Hopelessness, et cetera
This is why it is advisable to seek relationship breakup counseling immediately after this happens. It is somehow difficult dealing with the aftermath of a breakup alone without seeking useful help from an experienced breakup therapist.
Challenges People Usually Faced After Breakups:
- Social challenge: Someone who has just gone through a relationship breakup may become socially awkward. They tend to withdrawal from social circles and avoid meeting friends, colleagues and relatives.
- Financial challenge: Relationship breakups also involve money issue, and when couples or lovers separate, one or both of them may face financial hardship.
- Mental challenges: This is the most dangerous challenge breakups bring on people. Separated couples, partners or lovers usually go through a period of mental meltdown. Some may develop psychological depression or unusual mood swings.
How Can a Qualified Relationship Counselor Help in this Case?
A qualified relationship counselor or therapist will undertake the following functions in order to provide therapy for breakup couples, partners and lovers:
- Listens attentively to the affected party and offers practical suggestions
- Provides real-time counseling based on the initial information gathered from the affected party
- Keeps it real and offers advice that are concrete and actionable
- Guides the affected party through a process of self-recovery
- Creates an atmosphere of positivity and self-confidence-boosting for the affected party.
- Helps the affected party to remove guilt and self-accusation from his or her mind
- Cultivates an attitude of self-expression and better communication ability in the affected partner.
If you are dealing with any of the relationship breakup issues described above, why not call us for a consultation?