Counseling for Breakups – Therapy and Counseling in Bristol
The experience of breaking up from a lover, partner or spouse could be emotionally draining. It often creates an uncomfortable feeling of confusion as people struggle to get painful past memories out of their chests in order to embrace a peaceful, new life.
Common Symptoms of Relationship Breakups
Highlighted below are some common symptoms usually associated with relationship breakups:
- Real physical discomfort
- Loss of motivation
- Thoughts of suicide
- Hopelessness, et cetera
This is why it is advisable to seek relationship breakup counseling immediately after this happens. It is somehow difficult dealing with the aftermath of a breakup alone without seeking useful help from an experienced breakup therapist.
Challenges People Usually Faced After Breakups:
- Social challenge: Someone who has just gone through a relationship breakup may become socially awkward. They tend to withdrawal from social circles and avoid meeting friends, colleagues and relatives.
- Financial challenge: Relationship breakups also involve money issue, and when couples or lovers separate, one or both of them may face financial hardship.
- Mental challenges: This is the most dangerous challenge breakups bring on people. Separated couples, partners or lovers usually go through a period of mental meltdown. Some may develop psychological depression or unusual mood swings.
How Can a Qualified Relationship Counselor Help in this Case?
A qualified relationship counselor or therapist will undertake the following functions in order to provide therapy for breakup couples, partners and lovers:
- Listens attentively to the affected party and offers practical suggestions
- Provides real-time counseling based on the initial information gathered from the affected party
- Keeps it real and offers advice that are concrete and actionable
- Guides the affected party through a process of self-recovery
- Creates an atmosphere of positivity and self-confidence-boosting for the affected party.
- Helps the affected party to remove guilt and self-accusation from his or her mind
- Cultivates an attitude of self-expression and better communication ability in the affected partner.
If you are dealing with any of the relationship breakup issues described above, why not call us for a consultation?