Kim Kardashian was slammed by people around the world recently after posting a tribute to the victims of the terror attack at the Manchester Arena in England on social media. She shared the post a few hours following the incident, where 22 people were killed and 59 others were injured, saying that she was praying for everyone in Manchester.
“This is truly so senseless and heartbreaking,” she wrote. “I can’t imagine the fear and agony these parents must be going through searching for their kids.”
Kardashian went on to say that concerts are supposed to be places where people can let loose and have fun. She said it is scary to not feel safe in this world and that her heart goes out to Ariana Grande. A photo with the post included a smiling Kardashian with her sister, Kendall Jenner, standing next to Grande.
So why is everybody in an uproar, saying the photo was inappropriate and offensive? Why were people taken aback and calling her “tacky?” Even with the kind words she expressed and that she was thinking about the victims, the thousands of people at the concert and the parents of the children, she received a lot of flak from all over the world. She was accused of being narcissistic and making the tragedy about herself instead of the people who were victims of the terror attack.
Truth be told, Kardashian is the queen of social media and has said she took 6,000 selfies during her four-day vacation in Mexico in August. It is estimated that she takes 1,500 selfies per day, 62.5 selfies an hour and about one selfie every minute.
To be fair, Kardashian has built an empire out of posting selfies of just about anything and with everybody, including herself, her daughter, her famous sisters and mother and her rapper husband, Kanye West. She is a model, actress, entrepreneur, socialite and the star of the reality show, “Keeping up with the Kardashians.” She has capitalized on her fame using her style and curves, as well as workout DVDs and a boutique named D-A-S-H with sisters Kourtney and Khloe.
Kardashian’s net worth is about $150 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. Her yearly salary for “Keeping up with the Kardashians” is about $50 million. Her “app” is another source of income and made her about $700,000 per day, according to a CNN report.
Kardashian told Business Insider that she made approximately $10,000 for every tweet on her Twitter account—companies pay her to tweet.
A majority of the pictures Kardashian posts are of herself or with members of her family. In fact, on her vacation in Mexico she posted lots of pictures of her daughter, North, in different swimsuits as she played on the beach and made sandcastles with her mother.
According to Kardashian, she loves taking pictures and posting them on social media for the memories. She agrees that it does seem ridiculous, but it is fun.
In spite of what has been said about her narcissism, there are things about Kardashian that are positive. She has made mistakes in her life, but she has moved forward. While she probably would not get the popular vote for “Role Model of the Year,” the following are some facts about her that make her the businesswoman she is and her own person.
- People think Kardashian is “famous for being famous” with no talent. With her net worth being even more than her husband’s, she is doing pretty well. As a reality television star, she seems to rake in the money without having to work. However, she is a smart businesswoman. In 2015, she created a mobile phone game, making 40 percent of her yearly income from it. She has a Kimoji and a subscription-based personal app that keeps bringing in a lot of money. Her photo was on the cover of Forbes.
- Kardashian is known for her curvy body and how she shows it off. She has worked to break the barrier of what a beautiful woman looks like. She is not stick-think and has helped millions of women feel good about their own bodies. For example, there have been so many jokes about Kardashian’s oversized behind. While a large-sized butt on a woman used to be frowned upon, she has made it a positive asset. She has confidence in her body, and many females can follow her lead in feeling comfortable in their own skin.
- Kardashian is close to her family–she considers her sisters as her friends and is seen out and about with her mother frequently. She was the first person to support Caitlyn Jenner in her transition. She seems to participate in many activities with her children. She never passes up an opportunity to dig in the sand, play with them and travel with them all over the world on a regular basis.
- When a sex tape featuring Kardashian came out, she was able to turn it into something positive. It put her on the map of stardom and she began making more and more money. In spite of the tape, she is a mother and successful businesswoman. The saying, “When you have lemons, make lemonade,” is what she did by rising above the harsh criticism of her on the tape.
- Kardashian supports and stands up for her family and herself. When her husband, Kanye West, went to battle with Taylor Swift over the lyrics in Kanye’s song, “Famous,” Kardashian defended her husband and released the tape of the phone call recordings that confirmed Swift approved the lyrics in the song. She is a strong woman in “Keeping up with the Kardashians” and is a role model for confidence, overcoming obstacles and standing up for what she thinks is right.
Start a Relationship with An Exceptional Counselor
- Skilled and caring professional counselors
- Accepting all major and most insurances
- High-touch customer service & premium benefits
- Same- or next-day appointments
- Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations