Join us for our next Curve Breaker Workshop on Friday, June 12 at 10 am EST. Valerie Proctor Greene, Licensed Psychotherapist and Life Coach, will present, “Identifying Cultural Issues Including Bias in the Counseling Room.”
Presented by Valerie Proctor Greene, MSW, LICSW
Join us on Friday, June 12 at 10 am EST!
Valerie Proctor Greene (of Thriveworks Chesapeake), a Licensed Psychotherapist and Life Coach, presents: “Identifying Cultural Issues Including Bias in the Counseling Room.” In this workshop we will work to…
- Gain a clear understanding of the meaning of and distinction between the terms “Culture,” “Race,” and “Ethnicity.”
- Explore the role culture plays in our own lives; how it shapes our worldview and functioning
- Make the connection between culture and presenting problems in how counselors assess their clients
- Learn how to avoid premature diagnosis and assessment without exploring cultural context through the client’s narratives
- Expand on the trauma informed approach to treatment to better incorporate cultural systemic barriers
Immediately following the presentation will be a live video Q&A discussion.
How to Attend the Workshop:
Simply click the following link: https://zoom.us/j/324517144
Or join by phone (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
- 1 646 558 8656 or
- +1 301 715 8592 or
- +1 312 626 6799 or
- +1 669 900 6833 or
- +1 253 215 8782 or
- +1 346 248 7799
- International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/afYShw7Ph
Webinar ID: 324 517 144
About Valerie Proctor Greene:
Valerie Proctor Greene, Licensed Psychotherapist and Life Coach at Thriveworks Chesapeake, is passionate about personal growth through self-reflection, mental health and wellness in marginalized populations, treating trauma, and advocacy for women and children.
Greene has presented numerous keynotes and talks on African American Women and Self-Care, African Americans and Trauma, Media Images and Stereotype of African American Women, Cross Cultural Clinical Practice, Considering Culture When Treating Addictions, and Racial Identity Development.
Explore the latest mental wellness tips and discussions, delivered straight to your inbox.
Start a Relationship with An Exceptional Counselor
- Skilled and caring professional counselors
- Accepting all major and most insurances
- High-touch customer service & premium benefits
- Same- or next-day appointments
- Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations