When we find that special someone in life, it’s like fireworks go off and our missing puzzle piece falls into place. When you’re in the honeymoon phase of your marriage, you feel like you’re on cloud nine and shower each other with love and affection. However, it’s easy to lose sight of that as time goes on and you fall into your routines.
When we show our significant others just how much we appreciate them, it can mean the world to them. Do you know the saying, “date your wife?” Even when you’ve been married for over 10 years, it’s important to make sure your wife always feels the love. So, how do you show her this appreciation? Here are five easy ways to spoil your spouse:
1. Pick Up Her Portion of the Chores
Nobody likes doing the chores, especially after a long day of work or taking care of kids. Chances are, your wife feels like she’s starting her second job as soon as she walks in the door. An easy (and free) way to show your wife appreciation is just by simply picking up her portion of the chores. You can do this on a night of the week you know she’ll be tired, on a random day to surprise her, or even when you just want her to be able to spend the day relaxing. Try cooking dinner and cleaning up the kitchen after, wash and fold the pile of laundry that has been haunting you for days, and give your bathroom the TLC that’s long overdue. No matter what chore you pick up, she’s bound to feel appreciated and loved.
2. Surprise Your Wife with Random Gifts
Buying your significant other a random gift doesn’t mean you need to get her a diamond tennis bracelet or the newest model of her dream car. You can surprise your wife with smaller, thoughtful gifts. Gifts are also a great way to show your spouse how well you listen and understand her likes and dislikes. For example, if you know her favorite flower is a tulip, pick up a bunch from a flower shop or grocery store the next time you stop in. Here are some other gift ideas:
- If she’s been eyeing a new rug for the house for a few weeks, order it and surprise her
- Run her a bath and pour her a glass of wine
- Pick her up a small gift that reminds you of her while you’re away on a work trip
- Order her favorite coffee drink and bring it back home before she wakes up on the weekend
- Offer to buy her the jacket she’s looking at while you’re out shopping
- Create something special like a photo album or custom mug with pictures of you both on it
- Fill her gas tank up while she’s relaxing at home
3. Tell Your Wife How Much You Appreciate Her
Sometimes the best way we can show someone appreciation is by telling them! If you aren’t good with your words and have a hard time verbally expressing emotions, try writing her a love letter instead. Another great idea is to leave sticky notes around the house that she’ll find throughout the week. Maybe you put one on the bathroom mirror, one in her lunch box, and one in her center console. By simply telling your loved one how much you appreciate all she does for you, she will feel loved and special.
Try saying thank you when she picks up around the house or puts a lot of thought into the lunches that she makes for you. Acknowledging things that you normally don’t talk about will make her feel like you see and appreciate all of the little things she does for you.
4. Spend Quality Time Together
Life can get busy really quickly. Especially when you both work busy jobs and also have busy schedules, it can be difficult to find time to spend together. If the only quality time you get to yourselves is when you lay down to go to sleep, it may be time to prioritize date nights and quality time. Here are some ways you can do just that:
- Join your wife the next time she goes to Target or her favorite store
- If you have kids, get a babysitter and go out to dinner just the two of you
- Try going on a fun date like to Top Golf, the movies, dancing, or sight-seeing
- Watch a movie at home and go the extra mile by getting her favorite snacks and maybe even a new blanket to cuddle up in
- Have a “distraction-free” day where you make an effort to put your phone away and stay away from the TV and video games
- Go outside and hike or walk on a trail near your home
- Drive to a nearby city that you haven’t explored yet
- Play a game like “We’re Not Really Strangers” and try to have deeper conversations
5. Show Her Some Love and Affection
The last way you can show your wife how much you appreciate her is simply by giving her more affection. If she enjoys physical touch, this is a great way to show appreciation. Here are some easy ways to do so:
- Hold her hand the next time you’re going for a walk or sitting down at dinner
- Offer to give her a back or foot massage
- Kiss her before you go to work and as soon as you get home
- When you walk by her while she’s looking at her laptop or making food, rub the small of her back
- Ask her to sit closer to you when lounging on the couch at the end of the day
However you choose to show your wife a little appreciation today will mean a lot to her. Recognize the things she does for you and she will return the love and affection.
Let’s keep in touch! Sign up to receive our newsletter:
Start a Relationship with An Exceptional Counselor
- Skilled and caring professional counselors
- Accepting all major and most insurances
- High-touch customer service & premium benefits
- Same- or next-day appointments
- Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations