Coaching Services Agreement
Welcome to Thriveworks! This document contains important information about our professional services and business policies. When you sign this document, it will represent an agreement between you/Client and Thriveworks whereby a Thriveworks Coach will provide Coaching Services to you focusing on non-clinical issues. It is very important that you understand the concepts discussed below. Take your time reading it and discuss any questions you have with your coach.
Description of Coaching. Coaching is partnership (defined as an alliance, not a legal business partnership) between a coach and client in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires the client to maximize personal and professional potential. It is designed to facilitate the development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a plan for achieving those goals.
- Your Coach agrees to maintain the ethics and standards of behavior established by the International Coach Federation (“ICF”) found at https://coachfederation.org/code-of-ethics. You should review the ICF Code of Ethics and the applicable standards of behavior.
- You are solely responsible for creating and implementing your own physical, mental and emotional well-being, decisions, choices, actions and results arising out of or resulting from the coaching relationship and your coaching calls and interactions with the Coach. As such, you agree that the Coach is not, and will not be, liable or responsible for any actions or inaction, or for any direct or indirect result of any services provided by the Coach. You acknowledge that coaching is not therapy and does not substitute for therapy if needed, and does not prevent, cure, or treat any mental disorder or medical disease.
- You acknowledge that you may terminate or discontinue the coaching relationship at any time.
- You acknowledge that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve different areas of your life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. You agree that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching principles into those areas and implementing choices is exclusively your responsibility.
- You acknowledge that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care, substance abuse treatment, or other professional advice by legal, medical or other qualified professionals and that it is your exclusive responsibility to seek such independent professional guidance as needed. If you are currently under the care of a mental health professional, it is recommended that you promptly inform the mental health care provider of the nature and extent of the coaching relationship agreed upon by you and your Coach.
- You understand that in order to enhance the coaching relationship, you should communicate honestly, be open to feedback and assistance and to create the time and energy to participate fully in the program.
Services. The parties agree to engage in a Coaching Program through in-person, telephone or video meetings.
Schedule and Fees. You agree to pay all fees associated with the Coaching Services. Insurance generally does not cover the cost of Coaching Services. You give Thriveworks permission to charge your credit/debit card on file for any outstanding fees.
Confidentiality. This coaching relationship, as well as all information (documented or verbal) that you share with your Coach as part of this relationship (collectively, “Confidential Information”) is bound by the principles of confidentiality set forth in the ICF Code of Ethics. However, please be aware that the Coach-Client relationship is not considered a legally confidential relationship (like the medical and legal professions) and therefore communications are not subject to the protection of any legally recognized privilege. Your Coach agrees not to disclose any information pertaining to you without your written consent. Your Coach will not disclose your name as a reference without your consent. Confidential Information does not include information that: (a) was in Thriveworks’ possession prior to its being furnished by you; (b) is generally known to the public; (c) is obtained by Thriveworks from a third party, without breach of any obligation owed to you; (d) is independently developed by Thriveworks without use of or reference to your Confidential Information; (e) your Coach or Thriveworks is required by statute, lawfully issued subpoena, or by court order to disclose; (f) is disclosed to your Coach or Thriveworks and as a result of such disclosure Thriveworks reasonably believes there to be an imminent or likely risk of danger or harm to you or others; or (g) involves illegal activity. You should also be aware that telephone, email and videoconference are not encrypted methods of communication, and some confidentiality risk exists with their use. You must raise any confidentiality questions or concerns with your Coach in a timely manner.
Electronic Communication & Online Coaching. Telephone (including text), email, and videoconference are not encrypted methods of communication, and some confidentiality risk exists with their use. Our team communicates using these mediums. By signing this Consent and Services Agreement, you consent to your coach, or someone from our team, following up with you by telephone, text or email for scheduling, billing, quality assurance, or other reasons. If you would prefer not to be contacted by email and/or text, you may opt out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1 (855) 2THRIVE. While a growing base of research has shown that distance coaching services—through various electronic means—can be effective, such services are relatively new in comparison to traditional (inperson) coaching, which has a much longer track record of positive outcomes. Distance coaching may not be appropriate for some clients.
Cancellation Policy. You agree that it is your responsibility to notify Thriveworks of your desire to cancel a session at least 23.5 hours in advance of the scheduled session. If you miss a session without canceling, or cancel with less than 23.5-hours’ notice, our policy is to charge you the cost of the Coaching Services.
Termination. Either you or Thriveworks may terminate this Agreement at any time for any reason. You agree to compensate Thriveworks for all services rendered through and including the effective date of termination of the coaching relationship.
Limited Liability. Except as expressly provided in this Agreement, Thriveworks makes no guarantees, representations or warranties of any kind or nature, express or implied with respect to the coaching services negotiated, agreed upon and rendered. In no event will your Coach or Thriveworks be liable to you for any indirect, consequential or special damages. Notwithstanding any damages that you may incur, Thriveworks’ entire liability under this Agreement, and your exclusive remedy, will be limited to the amount actually paid by or on your behalf to Thriveworks under this Agreement for all coaching services rendered through and including the termination date.
Entire Agreement. This document reflects the entire agreement between you and Thriveworks and reflects a complete understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter. This Agreement supersedes all prior written and oral representations. The Agreement may not be amended, altered or supplemented except in writing signed by both you and Thriveworks.
Dispute Resolution. If a dispute arises out of this Agreement that cannot be resolved by mutual consent, you and Thriveworks agree to attempt to mediate in good faith for up to (certain amount of time such as 30 days) after notice given. If the dispute is not so resolved, and in the event of legal action, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover attorney’s fees and court costs from the other party.
Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable. If the Court finds that any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, but that by limiting such provision it would become valid and enforceable, then such provision shall be deemed to be written, construed, and enforced as so limited.
Waiver. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement.
Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any conflicts of laws provisions.
Binding Effect. This Agreement shall be binding upon the parties hereto and their respective successors and permissible assigns.