Harry knew that he and his wife Vanessa needed to talk through some issues in their marriage with a licensed professional. But every time Harry approached his wife with the idea of seeing a relationship counselor in-person, she seemed to have a thousand excuses not to go. Vanessa was too busy working all day and she didn’t want to use her precious time off to commute to a therapist’s office. Plus, who would watch the kids while they were in therapy? They’d have to pay for a babysitter in addition to the therapist. It would all be too expensive.
Harry was becoming increasingly frustrated at Vanessa’s evasions, even if they were practical. Was there a solution to their relationship therapy roadblock?
Harry and Vanessa could benefit from seeing an online marriage counselor at Thriveworks in Walnut Creek, CA. The process works like this: They call the Thriveworks office and book a virtual appointment with a licensed marriage and family counselor (MFT) they can both agree on. They make the appointment for a time in the evening when both partners can relax and they can plug the kids their kids into the television for an hour, or direct them to their homework. Then the Thriveworks therapist can provide the couple with the exceptional support and guidance they need to navigate their relationship issues. After a handful of solution-focused, evidence-based, problem-solving sessions, Harry and Vanessa’s marriage is back on track.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Online Psychotherapy?
This header is a little misleading, because there really aren’t any cons to online psychotherapy at Thriveworks in Walnut Creek, CA. The quality we offer online is exactly the same as in-person. As long as you’re committed to the sessions, you can get just as much out of video therapy as you can in-person therapy. Here are some of the pros to choosing online therapy:
- It’s effective. Peer-reviewed research studies have shown online video therapy to be just as effective in treating depression, anxiety, and trauma as in-person therapy. And clients report the same amount of satisfaction with virtual sessions.
- It’s affordable. The licensed counselors at Thriveworks in Walnut Creek, CA accept health insurance for online sessions.
- It’s secure. At Thriveworks, our clients’ privacy and security are a top priority. All our sessions are HIPAA-compliant and protected with the best telehealth software.
- It’s safe. When you see a provider online, you don’t need to worry about spreading germs in the office or waiting room. Common colds can’t stop appointments!
- It’s convenient. Booking a therapy appointment online means that you don’t have to account for travel times, or even childcare expenses. No one has to leave the house to get top-rated therapy from Thriveworks in Walnut Creek.
- It’s comprehensive. Thriveworks therapists treat every psychological symptom under the sun. The mental health and behavioral issues for which clients see online counselors at Thriveworks include:
- Eating disorders
- Panic disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Relationship issues
- Adverse life events
- It’s comfortable. Sometimes it just feels more appealing to see a counselor within the confines of your own home or safe space. It can be less intimidating, especially in your initial visits. Online counseling can also be more comfortable for clients who are suffering from severe symptoms of depression or anxiety, when leaving the house isn’t an easy option.
- You can do it while traveling. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, online counseling means that you never have to miss your appointments as long as you have an internet connection and a smartphone or computer.
- It’s easy. The Thriveworks telehealth software is easy to use. If you can open an email, you can meet a counselor online. But we’re always available to help if you ever need technical support.
Thriveworks recommends that you make an in-person appointment if you’re under 18 years of age or in acute crisis.
Can I See a Psychiatrist Online at Thriveworks in Walnut Creek, CA?
The licensed psychiatrists at Thriveworks in Walnut Creek, CA are fully qualified to deliver their exceptional care online as well as in-person. This is an especially convenient option for quick follow-up appointments.
Get the Online Psychological Support You Need at Thriveworks
Call the Thriveworks office in Walnut Creek, CA today to book your initial online appointment with an exceptional counselor. You can usually meet with your mental health provider within 24-48 hours. Thriveworks counselors offer face-to-face, empathetic, expert support to their clients whether they’re seen online or in-person. Our counselors are also available by email and phone between appointments so you can always reach out with questions. When you enroll at Thriveworks, you also get access to our Ask-a-Coach 24hr Q&A feature and our popular educational e-books and videos. Find the Thriveworks online counselor who can help guide you toward mental wellness by reaching out to our office today.