West Jordan Psychiatry—Psychiatrists in West Jordan, UT
The famous Dolly Parton once said, “If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” This means that if you want the good, you have to put up with the bad. In life, we can’t have the good days without the bad days. We might feel happy, fulfilled, and gracious one day, but stressed, anxious, and unhappy the next. Learning to manage these difficult feelings and experiences is crucial to living well.
Mental health professionals can help you manage your stress and anxiety as well as get to the bottom of your unhappiness. Psychiatrists are one type of professional that you might consider talking to. They are medical doctors who have dedicated their lives to understanding the many mental disturbances that humans experience and helping them through them.
If you’d like to talk to a psychiatrist about the mental challenges that are present in your life, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling in West Jordan, UT. You can call (801) 921-5326 to speak with one of our scheduling specialists and schedule your telehealth session with an online psychiatrist.
When Can a Psychiatrist Help?
Psychiatrists are experts at diagnosing and treating mental disorders. They can also help people with other mental disturbances and prevent them from developing into a more serious problem.
If you’re struggling with symptoms of a mental health condition or you’re suffering as a result of another mental health challenge, like the death of a family member or stress at work, psychiatrists can help.
Here is an example of how this process might work for you if you were presenting anxiety symptoms:
- First, your psychiatrist will complete an assessment. They’ll rely on a self-report of your symptoms and ask for every detail. Common symptoms of anxiety include racing thoughts, feeling on edge, sleep disturbances, and inability to focus. They might ask you questions like, “How long have you been experiencing these symptoms?” and, “When do these thoughts and feelings arise?” so that they can better understand when you feel anxious and why.
- Then, your psychiatrist will diagnose your anxiety disorder. There are different types of anxiety, including generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social phobia, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). For many clients, receiving a diagnosis validates what they have been feeling and experiencing, opening the door to relief and healing.
- Finally, your psychiatrist will design a treatment plan for you, based on your presentation of symptoms and your needs. Often, medication and psychotherapy proves to treat anxiety disorders effectively, as well as other mental disorders.
This assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of your problem puts you on the right path for healing. Your psychiatrist will be there every step of the way to make sure that you continue to progress. And they are able to adjust your treatment as needed.
Psychiatrists are skilled experts in the field of psychiatry. They can help you with your mental disorders and emotional disturbances.
Set up a Psychiatry Appointment at Thriveworks in West Jordan, UT
If you are suffering with a mental illness, psychiatrists can offer the help and support you need to manage it and live better. They are compassionate about helping their clients, and they are equipped with their many years of education, training, and experience.
If you’d like to explore the benefits of working with a psychiatrist in West Jordan, UT, reach out to Thriveworks Counseling. We can offer the following benefits:
- Telehealth sessions
- Evening and weekend appointments
- Scheduling assistance 7 days a week
- Access to your provider between sessions
- Flexible 23.5-hour cancellations
- And more
We have online psychiatrists who can help anyone in the state of Utah. You can schedule your telehealth appointment today by calling (801) 921-5326.