When we consider the number of products and services that we can access and request online, it’s pretty overwhelming. Everything from your groceries to your car can be purchased virtually. It makes things convenient, and it saves you a lot of time. At Thriveworks in Taylorsville, Utah, we don’t think mental health services should be any different. In fact, one of our goals is to provide people with easily accessible mental health care, no matter where they live.
That’s why we offer online psychiatry. It’s a safe, secure, and personalized way for everyday people to get the assistance they need to enjoy life. Online psychiatry is a great way to prioritize your mental health without throwing off your busy schedule.
How Can a Psychiatrist Help Me?
Psychiatrists are just one of the several types of mental health professionals that make up our nationwide team of providers. Their title sounds similar to a psychologist, but their approach to the therapeutic process is a little bit different. Psychiatrists are unique in that they’re medical doctors who are also licensed to conduct therapy sessions. They use their unique professional background to create adaptive treatment methods. Their skills are often the most useful for people who are struggling to manage the symptoms of behavioral or mood disorders like:
- Social anxiety
- And many others
These disorders manifest in everyone differently, so it’s important to remember not to try and diagnose yourself with a mental health disorder. Only a professional, like the providers at Thriveworks in Taylorsville, Utah can do that.
Though every client’s situation and psychiatric needs are different, our psychiatrists commonly help clients manage and mitigate mental health conditions by:
- Treating emotional and behavioral disorders that require more intensive therapy
- Treating substance abuse issues
- Prescribing clients medication to help ease their symptoms
- Using a combination of prescribed medications and therapy to help clients manage their disorders
It’s okay if you feel uncertain about being prescribed anything, or the fact that you’ll be seeing someone who’s a doctor. Part of their treatment process is to actively listen to what’s troubling you. By partnering together to create a personalized treatment program, you and your psychiatrist will be able to make headway on the mental health concerns and issues that you want to be addressed.
The Benefits of Online Psychiatry
Besides being able to access your psychiatrist with the click of a button or tap of your finger, online psychiatry has become one of our most popular mental health services because it allows for adaptable mental health care. Many people turn to online psychiatry with Thriveworks in Taylorsville, Utah because they:
- Can connect with their psychiatrist anywhere that has a private space to talk and a reliable internet connection
- Enjoy the way that online psychiatry alleviates some of the anxiety they might face when seeing a psychiatrist in person
- Can get the treatment they need, even if they don’t have a psychiatrist near their area
- Can still fulfill their obligations as parents or caretakers, while still prioritizing their own wellbeing, too
Online psychiatry is just another way that we’ve worked to modernize mental health care for everyday people. Accessible and convenient mental health resources like our online psychiatry program help to eliminate the unnecessary stigma attached to seeking assistance from a mental health professional.
Schedule an Online Psychiatric Appointment at Thriveworks in Taylorsville, UT Today
If you’re ready to explore the ways that a psychiatrist at Thriveworks can help you better manage your mental health, then we encourage you to call our office in Taylorsville, Utah, today to get started. And when you do, our excellent team of scheduling specialists will be waiting to assist you. They’re available seven days a week and can walk you through each step of your client experience, from scheduling your appointments to setting up your insurance to help cover any costs.
And for those who do enroll in our psychiatric program, we offer benefits including:
- A q/a chat line to connect you with our life coaches
- Ability to email your counselor in-between appointments as needed
- No waitlist
- Access to our ebook, “Leaving Depression Behind” and other valuable electronic resources
- Some weekend and evening availability usually not offered by other providers
Dealing with mental health disorders and conditions by yourself isn’t easy, and most importantly it’s not necessary. With our online psychiatry program, we hope to offer you the support and guidance that makes a major difference in your life. If you feel like you’re struggling to maintain your mental health, our Taylorsville office hopes to partner with you to start pushing back against the issues that are troubling you.