Our lives are unpredictable. On Monday, we may feel like we’re on top of the world, ready to seize the week. By Friday, we may feel overwhelmed and exhausted, ready to hide in our homes until the weekend is over.
How we respond to the world around us has a lot to do with our mental and emotional health. For many, the everyday challenges that we face may seem insurmountable. A trip to the grocery store can become as precarious as a trip across a minefield. An interaction with your boss may leave you feeling shaky and fatigued.
When your mental and emotional health is out of sync, you may experience persistent sadness, fear, or anger. Rather than stewing in those emotions, it’s best to see someone who can help you manage your responses.
Psychiatrists are doctors who have attended medical school and focus on mental and emotional wellness. Because of their training, they’re able to diagnose and treat mental and emotional disorders that impact the way we respond to our environments.
If you believe you could benefit from psychiatric treatment, schedule a visit with us at Thriveworks in Gresham, OR. We’ll work with you to create a plan that addresses your needs.
Common Reasons To Seek Psychiatric Care
There’s a common belief that psychiatric visits are only for those with severe mental disorders and illnesses. But just as people visit the doctor for help with a range of physical illnesses, so do people visit a psychiatrist’s office for support with a variety of mental disorders or other mental health challenges.
Below are some of the most common reasons people seek help for their mental health.
- Addiction and substance abuse involving alcohol, drugs, or other substances.
- Mood disorders such as bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, and dysthymia.
- Anxiety disorders such as phobias, separation anxiety, and panic disorder.
- Personality disorders such as obsessive-compulsive disorder, avoidant personality disorder, and borderline personality disorder.
If you’re suffering from these or other similar disorders or mental illnesses, you may feel overwhelmed. But know that you do not have to address these challenges without support. After scheduling an appointment with a Thriveworks team member, you’ll be able to talk through your problems and create a plan that helps you cope with your symptoms and mitigate future concerns.
Working together as a team, you and your provider will set goals, assess progress, and alter your plans as needed to give you the best possible outlook for your future.
Managing your symptoms can feel overwhelming but it can be done with the help of a psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Gresham, OR. Whenever you’re ready, give us a call.
How Psychiatric Treatment Can Help
Psychiatrists assess, diagnose, and treat a variety of mental disorders and illnesses. As trained professionals with a medical degree, they’re able to create prescribe medication, administer psychotherapy, and incorporate other options to create a treatment plan tailored to your situation.
A board-certified psychiatrist will design a plan that’s right for your specific needs. While every plan will differ, you may receive:
- Psychotherapy (talk therapy), which allows your provider to address your concerns and symptoms through an open dialogue. This form of therapy can include cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), interpersonal therapy, or a combination of these and other types of therapy.
- Prescription medication, which helps to relieve or alleviate symptoms that you may be experiencing as a result of your mental or emotional concerns. This can include medication that treats headaches, fatigue, panic attacks, and other physical symptoms.
- Self-care techniques, which can include journaling, exercise, and other activities that you can perform in between appointments. Self-care techniques can add depth and richness to your life and they can be performed in combination with other treatment options to support your long-term wellbeing.
The diagnosis and treatment of mental health issues can differ from client to client, and you can expect to learn more about your specific treatment plan once you meet with your provider by phone or video chat. To get started and schedule a remote psychiatry visit, contact us at Thriveworks in Gresham, OR.
Book Your Visit With a Psychiatrist in Gresham, OR
To schedule an appointment with a Thriveworks psychiatrist in Gresham, OR, please reach out to us online or by phone. We offer a variety of benefits that make working with us a seamless process. These include:
- Evening and weekend counseling sessions
- Early opening times and late closing times
- Access to online video content and a counselor-moderated message board
- Access to the Therapy Buddy mobile app
We have a flexible cancellation policy and online therapy options via phone or video chat. New clients may be seen by a provider within 24 to 48 hours, and all clients can use our text support services for billing and scheduling matters.
You deserve the chance to lead a fulfilled life. At Thriveworks in Gresham, OR, we’ll work with you to make that happen. There’s no better time to start working toward your specific goals. When you’re ready to take the first steps toward wellness, we’ll be right beside you.