Yolanda’s husband, Pierce has always had a bit of a problem regulating his emotions. Even though she knows he’s been a strong and reliable partner in their 10-year relationship, she still worries about his mental health. Even though he always seems to make it through on the other side, Pierce has difficulty being able to pull himself out of extended periods of sadness and apathy. On the worst days, it’s hard for Pierce to even get out of bed.
Yolanda’s worried about him, but she also wants to be supportive of her spouse and would like to avoid stressing him out further. She asked him at dinner the other night how he would feel about talking with a mental health professional, and told him that she’s worried he could be dealing with symptoms of depression. Pierce is uncertain but agrees that taking proactive steps to better his mental health would be worthwhile.
If you’re reading this, then maybe you’ve felt like you’re on the fence about what to do with the mental health issues that are bothering you. Perhaps you feel ashamed for wanting to find assistance, or maybe you are held back by the fear and stigma associated with subjects related to mental health. Whatever your reasons might be, the truth is our psychiatric team in Edmond, OK can offer relief to those seeking treatment for their mental health conditions and disorders.
How Can Psychiatric Services Benefit Me?
If you’re unfamiliar with what it is that psychiatrists do, then you probably aren’t sure how they can help you. Psychiatrists are a specialized type of mental health professional, and their background sets them apart from other providers. For starters, they’re:
- Medical doctors, in addition to being licensed therapists that specialize in helping clients to treat and manage the symptoms of more severe or persistent forms of mental health disorders
- Able to prescribe medication in combination with talk or behavioral therapy to pinpoint a client’s issues and treat them in unique and effective ways
Online psychiatry is just another way we’re working to make mental health care accessible to everyone, wherever they live. As long as you have a reliable internet connection and somewhere private to talk, you’re set. Our online psychiatric services allow you to:
- Connect anywhere: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session.
- Take advantage of our convenient scheduling options: For those who are busy, traveling, or just tired, getting the psychiatric services you need shouldn’t be harder. We offer weekend and evening session times, just for you.
- Prioritize your mental health: Online therapy is an easy way for those who take care of elderly relatives or watch children to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- Reduce your anxiety: Meeting virtually can be a lot less stressful than meeting your provider in person. We always strive to eliminate some of the stigma surrounding seeking mental health services. Online therapy is a go-to resource for making psychiatric treatment as comfortable as possible.
Schedule a Session and Connect with a Psychiatrist at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK
Our psychiatric team in Edmond, OK has the knowledge and experience to assist you with mitigating and managing the symptoms of mental health disorders and conditions such as:
- Social anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Recovery from alcoholism or drug abuse
- And many other mental health conditions
We’ve also made connecting with our psychiatrists even easier with our scheduling specialist team. They’re available for you seven days a week, and they can assist you with each step in your client experience. From scheduling your first session to finding the right psychiatrist, Thriveworks in Edmond, OK makes enrolling in mental health care easier than ever.
And for those who enroll with us, we offer industry-leading benefits that other providers might struggle to match, including:
- Email communication with your provider in between sessions
- Flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends.
- The ability to ask a life coach a question, with our Q/A chat feature.
- A fast response time from your provider’s office. Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
Don’t wait if you think you could benefit from partnering with someone on our psychiatric team. Prioritize yourself, and consider opening up to a psychiatrist. Call Thriveworks in Edmond, OK to get started on your journey towards better mental health.