Landon has always been a compulsive cleaner, and that’s something he has assumed was normal. But after several years of living with his current partner, he’s realizing that his habits may be harming their relationship. Though he wants to respect her space, Landon feels like he just “knows what’s best” and tends to move her things, or get rid of them, without her permission.
After a long argument the other evening, Landon realizes that his compulsive habits are harming his connection to his partner. Instead of letting things continue to worsen, Landon wants to talk to a mental health professional—a psychiatrist, about what he’s worried about is OCD. Though he’s somewhat familiar with counseling and therapy, he’s not too sure what psychiatry is all about. After doing some reading online, he realizes that psychiatric services could be a great way to manage and mitigate his mental health concerns.
At Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE our team of highly skilled and experienced psychiatrists is ready to work with you to achieve your mental health goals. Psychiatrists are licensed therapists, which means that they can conduct therapy sessions. They can also diagnose mental health conditions But one thing that distinguishes them from other mental health professionals is that they’re able to prescribe medication, too.
What Is a Psychiatrist?
At Thriveworks, our psychiatrists are:
- Medical doctors: This means that they use their knowledge of medicine in combination with their therapeutic background. The result is a client experience that’s tailored to their specific situation and set of mental health needs.
- Able to prescribe medication: These prescriptions assist people in managing their mental health issues. While not everyone will need prescription medicine, it’s just another unique way that psychiatry can benefit certain individuals.
- Available online: We get it—you’re busy. It’s hard to find time to commute to a psychiatrist’s office while you’re working, balancing your family life, and trying to stay on top of other commitments you’ve made. With online psychiatry, say goodbye to not being able to prioritize your mental health needs because of a hectic schedule. Connect from home, the office, or really anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet and the ability to talk privately, online psychiatry can go with you anywhere.
These are just a few of the great benefits that come along with online psychiatry. Keep in mind that our team of mental health professionals in Lincoln, NE is trained to listen and customize your treatment plan to your needs. Your feedback and treatment preferences will be incorporated into your experience.
Benefits of Online Psychiatry
Nowadays, it’s simple for us to find most products and services just by searching for them on our phones. At Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE, we believe that accessing mental health services should be just as easy, too. That’s why online psychiatry is a great way for people to access the mental health care that they want, on their own terms.
With our online services, it’s easy to make time for psychiatric care. Still, knowing if our online psychiatry program will benefit you might seem confusing. Keep in mind that people see psychiatrists for a variety of reasons, including::
- Eating disorders
- Alcoholism or drug abuse
- Social anxiety
If you think you’re experiencing any of the disorders listed or even something we’ve not mentioned, consider talking to one of our online psychiatrists. You can look forward to these perks:
- Connect anywhere: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session.
- Attend convenient appointments: For those who are busy, traveling, or just tired, getting the psychiatric services you need shouldn’t be harder. We offer weekend and evening session times, just for you.
- Prioritize yourself, too: Online therapy is an easy way for those who take care of elderly relatives or watch children to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- Lessen session anxiety: For some, meeting virtually is less stressful than meeting your provider in person. Online psychiatry can make treatment more comfortable.
The Benefits of Online Psychiatry at Thriveworks in Lincoln, NE
If you think you might benefit from talking to a psychiatrist, give our team a call. We’ve tailored our scheduling process to be as easy and straightforward as possible. Our staff of scheduling specialists is available seven days a week to assist. Some of our enrollment benefits include:
- A fast response time from your provider’s office. Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
- Assistance setting up your insurance to cover costs.
- Flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends.
- Being able to schedule your session online, or in person.
- Access to our Therapy Buddy app.
- Ask a life coach a question, with our Q&A chat feature.
If online or in-person psychiatric care sounds like it could improve your quality of life, our staff in Lincoln, NE is waiting for your call. Experience the benefits that online psychiatry can offer.