Savannah Psychiatry—Online Psychiatrists in Savannah, GA
Major depressive disorder. Minor depression. Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Generalized anxiety disorder. Panic disorder. Substance abuse and addiction. Bipolar disorder. Postpartum anxiety and depression.
There are 200+ types of mental illness out there that affect people all over the world. The disorders listed above are some of the more common conditions. These are often accompanied by hard-to-manage symptoms, such as:
- Uncontrollable negative thinking
- Feelings of hopelessness and/or worthlessness
- Sleep disturbances, like insomnia and hypersomnia
- Significant changes in appetite and/or weight
- Disinterest in day to day activities
- Isolation from others, including loved ones
As you can imagine (or understand if you’ve been here yourself), these symptoms can make life unpleasant. Fortunately, there are medical professionals who specialize in helping people manage their symptoms and deal with the conditions that are at the root of these symptoms.
You can work with a psychiatrist to improve your mental, emotional, and physical self as soon as today. At Thriveworks in Savannah, GA, we connect our clients with a medical professional as quickly as possible. We know that time is of the essence, when it comes to one’s well being. We can set you up with an online psychiatrist who is qualified to provide psychiatric services to anyone in the state of Georgia.
How Can Psychiatrists Help? Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention
Psychiatrists specialize in psychiatry, which is focused on the study of mental disorders and other disturbances that harm one’s well being. Psychiatrists have a few main objectives when they work with their clients:
- Diagnosis: First, if you present symptoms of a psychotic disorder, your psychiatrist will assess all of your symptoms (which often relies on self-report). They might also use other psychological tests to evaluate your case. These assessments enable them to diagnose your condition.
- Treatment: Once your psychiatrist understands what condition you have and what your specific symptoms are, they can customize a plan of care. This plan of care might include talking to a therapist, taking a medication, or both. Therapy helps one get to the root of their condition and also manage certain symptoms like negative thoughts. Medication, on the other hand, is used to alleviate the severity of one’s symptoms and make the individual more comfortable.
- Prevention: Psychiatrists also focus on preventing the development or the exacerbation of mental health conditions. Often, when a disorder goes unaddressed and unmanaged, the individual’s symptoms worsen. A psychiatrist’s goal (one of many) is to help you get your symptoms under control before this happens.
Psychiatrists help many different clients every day. One client might present severe symptoms of major depression, and the next might present symptoms of an eating disorder. These professionals are well-versed in mental disorders and they are able to offer personalized treatment for your challenges.
Schedule a Telehealth Appointment at Thriveworks in Georgia
Thriveworks has been helping people live better for 12+ years. We remain committed to this mission and are proud to offer psychiatric services, as well as other mental health services.
If you are struggling and you’d like to talk to one of our skilled, compassionate professionals, reach out. We can help you set up your first session, and we’ll do our best to get you in front of your psychiatrist (virtually) within 24-48 hours of your call.
If you do decide to schedule an appointment with a Thriveworks psychiatrist, you can look forward to this virtual care. To get started with an online psychiatrist in the state of Georgia, click here. You can also call one of our offices, which are listed below. Note: If you reside in the state of Georgia, you may schedule an appointment at any office below. However, we recommend choosing the office that is nearest you!
Thriveworks in Alpharetta: (770) 284-9252
Thriveworks in Atlanta (Buckhead): (678) 804-7374
Thriveworks in Atlanta (Duluth): (678) 621-8948
Thriveworks in Atlanta (Sandy Springs): (404) 719-4233
Thriveworks in Atlanta (Smyrna): (404) 720-9800
Thriveworks in Cumming: (770) 224-7008
Thriveworks in Dallas: (678) 383-1307
Thriveworks in Kennesaw: (770) 224-7408
Thriveworks in Lawrenceville: (770) 284-9027
Thriveworks in Marietta: (404) 439-9981
Thriveworks in Peachtree City: (678) 383-1210