While many people are somewhat familiar with counseling and therapy, others aren’t too sure about what psychiatry is all about. It’s still a type of mental healthcare, and it’s a great way for everyday people to better manage and mitigate the effects of mental health disorders or conditions.
Psychiatrists are licensed therapists, which means that, as a psychologist would, they can conduct therapy and counseling sessions. They can also diagnose conditions and disorders as mental health professionals, but apart from these factors, they stand alone as a specialized type of provider.
Thriveworks psychiatrists are:
- Medical doctors: This means that they use their knowledge of medicine in combination with their therapeutic background. The result is a client experience that’s tailored to their specific situation and set of mental health needs.
- Able to prescribe medication: Psychiatrists can prescribe helpful medications to their clients. These prescriptions assist people in managing their mental health issues. While not everyone will need prescription medicine, it’s just another unique way that psychiatry can benefit everyday people.
- Available online: We get it—you’re busy. It’s hard to find time to commute to a psychiatrist’s office while you’re working, balancing your family life, and trying to stay on top of other commitments you’ve made. With online psychiatry, say goodbye to not being able to prioritize your mental health needs because of a hectic schedule. Connect from home, the office, or really anywhere. As long as you have reliable internet and the ability to talk privately, online psychiatry can go with you anywhere.
Even with these great benefits that come along with online psychiatry, we understand that it’s intimidating to start considering whether you’ll need to see a psychiatrist or start medication. Keep in mind that our team of mental health professionals in Carlsbad, CA is trained to listen and customize your treatment plan to your needs. Your feedback and treatment preferences will be incorporated into your therapy or psychiatry experience.
Can an Online Psychiatrist in Carlsbad, CA Help Me?
Have you ever considered how easy it is to find most products and services just by searching for them on your phone? Modern technology makes it possible for us to save time and energy. That’s why online psychiatry with Thriveworks in Carlsbad, CA is a great way for people to access the mental healthcare that they want, on their own terms.
With our online services, it’s easy to make time for psychiatric care. Still, knowing if our online psychiatry program will benefit you might seem confusing. Keep in mind that people see psychiatrists for a variety of reasons—but in general, psychiatry is the premier treatment choice for:
- Social anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Recovery from alcoholism or drug abuse
- And many other mental health conditions
If you think you’re experiencing any of the disorders listed or even something we’ve not mentioned, there’s never been a better time to start thinking about online psychiatry. And when it comes to practicality, it’s hard to beat these great perks:
- Connect anywhere: There’s no need to travel to a brick-and-mortar office to fill a prescription or to attend a therapy session.
- Convenient scheduling options: For those who are busy, traveling, or just tired, getting the psychiatric services you need shouldn’t be harder. We offer weekend and evening session times, just for you.
- Prioritize yourself, too: Online therapy is an easy way for those who caretake elderly relatives or watch children to find time to prioritize themselves, too.
- Anxiety: Meeting virtually can be a lot less stressful than meeting your provider in person. We always strive to eliminate some of the stigma surrounding seeking mental health services. Online therapy is a go-to resource for making psychiatric treatment as comfortable as possible.
The Benefits of Online Psychiatry at Thriveworks in Carlsbad, CA
Online psychiatry is one of our most popular services. With benefits like these, it’s no wonder that thousands of people across the U.S. choose online psychiatry with Thriveworks. We’ve also tailored our scheduling process to be as straightforward as possible. Our staff of scheduling specialists is available seven days a week to assist. Some of our benefits include:
- Being able to schedule your session online, or in person.
- Access to our Therapy Buddy app.
- Ask a life coach a question, with our Q/A chat feature.
- A fast response time from your provider’s office. Most of our clients have their first session within 24-48 hours of calling in for the first time.
- Assistance setting up your insurance to cover costs.
- Flexible appointment options, including those in the evenings and on the weekends.
Don’t let another day slip past. If online or in-person psychiatric care sounds like it could improve your quality of life, our staff in Carlsbad, CA is waiting for your call. While psychiatric care isn’t for everyone, many clients at Thriveworks experience firsthand the benefits that online psychiatry can offer them.