When you stop to think, it’s pretty amazing how many things we can request or purchase just by pulling out our phone and opening up a browser. Everything from real estate to ice cream can be bought online. All of this convenience makes things easier, that’s for sure. At Thriveworks in Edmond, OK, we believe that counseling and therapy services should be just as easily accessible.
The reason is simple; online therapy and counseling gives people the ability to connect with a mental health professional on their own terms, without having to throw off their busy schedule. Online therapy is for anyone, whether you’re a couple seeking to resolve differences, friends just trying to reconnect—whatever your goal is, chances are, we’ve got the provider who can help.
If you’re interested in seeing how online therapy or counseling can benefit you, Thriveworks in Edmond, OK is ready to pair you with a great provider. You might have some questions about connecting with us virtually, like:
- Is it safe?: Our online therapy sessions follow APA and HIPAA guidelines to protect your privacy and information. You can rest assured that Thriveworks values your safety and privacy as much as we do your mental health.
- Is it as effective?: Our online therapy is just as effective for many of our clients as in-person sessions are. Though preference for either will vary between individuals, online therapists still provide the same level of care and support.
While we know that it can be intimidating to consider opening up to a mental health professional about your issues, doing so can put you on the path towards a better tomorrow.
What Is Online Therapy? How Can It Help Me?
Online therapy and counseling is appealing for everyday people who want to connect with a provider without having to commute to a physical location. There’s plenty of reasons why you might choose to schedule virtually, especially if you want to:
- Find time in your schedule to attend appointments
- Get relationship, friendship, or family counseling, no matter where all of you live
- Avoid any potential anxiety you have about talking with your therapist in person
- Access the mental health services you need, even if there aren’t any therapists in your immediate area
While everyone’s therapeutic needs and situations will vary, our therapists are licensed to diagnose and treat many different kinds of mental health disorders and conditions. Our providers often:
- Help individuals regulate their emotions, like anger or grief
- Create a treatment plan that fits their client’s unique perspective and situation
- Cultivate empathy and compassion between family members or couples in group therapy sessions
- Educate clients about mental health, and provide them with coping strategies to improve their quality of life
Keep in mind, without the insight of a trained mental health professional, it’s not possible to diagnose yourself with a condition or disorder, so don’t worry too much about knowing exactly what’s wrong before you see one of our providers. In fact, your personalized treatment plan will reflect the feedback that you provide to your therapist. Listening is a crucial part of their job, so the more you share, the more they can understand how to help you. The mental health professionals at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK commonly help people manage and mitigate the symptoms of:
- Social anxiety
- Eating disorders
- Recovery from alcoholism or drug abuse
- And many other mental health conditions
Take the time to consider whether your mental health could benefit from you talking with a therapist virtually through our online therapy service.
Schedule an Online Therapy Session at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK
Whether or not you partner with one of our therapists is an independent decision, but it’s one that could provide you with the encouragement and stability you need to make progress towards better mental health. There’s truly no shame in desiring or seeking mental health services, and at Thriveworks in Edmond, OK we value your independence just as much as you.
Call to get started; when you do, you’ll be greeted by someone from our team of scheduling specialists. They’ll be a great resource for you when it’s time to schedule your appointments, find a provider, or set up your insurance to cover costs. With great service seven days a week, we’ve made it easier than ever to prioritize your wellbeing. Plus, when you enroll with us, you’ll gain access to exclusive benefits such as:
- Access to your provider as needed in-between appointments
- Our 24/7 life coach Q/A
- Scheduling availability for weekends and evenings
- A free digital copy of our book, “Leaving Depression Behind”, an invaluable guide to addressing your mental health needs
- Flexible canceling and rescheduling
Even though mental health challenges can be tough to navigate, there’s no need to feel like you’re alone. Thriveworks in Edmond, OK could have the therapist to assist you, and with the convenience of online therapy, there’s never been a better time to put your mental health needs first.