Tré and his friend Sam, have grown apart as they’ve gotten older. They have different jobs, in different cities, and after they met their partners and new obligations filled their spare time, connecting has become harder. But Tré misses their old bond and often wonders what he could do to improve their relationship or at least give it a kickstart.
The last time he talked with Sam, he shared his thoughts about how distant they’ve grown. Sam agreed, but he also pointed out that he wasn’t sure where they should start. After doing some thinking, Tré is wondering if both of them could benefit from talking to a psychologist in therapy. Maybe having a professional to help mediate and guide them towards reconnecting could be beneficial.
Tré isn’t alone—more and more people are discovering the many different ways that talking with a psychologist can improve their quality of life. And at Thriveworks in Concord, CA, your mental health needs are our top priority. Our psychologists are ready and willing to help you take the next steps towards emotional health and wellbeing.
Can Talking to a Psychologist Help Me?
Anyone can benefit from talking to a mental health professional, regardless of their age or life experience. That’s because talking to a mental health professional isn’t about weakness or dependency, as outdated misconceptions and stigmas would tell us. Instead, it’s about valuing your quality of life and reaching out to make a powerful new ally. Our Thriveworks team of psychologists in Concord, CA commonly assist everyday people (like you) with:
- The loss of a friend or family member
- Financial or work-related stress
- Difficulty processing a divorce or breakup
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship problems
- Child or teen behavioral issues
Keep in mind that these are just some of the many different issues and situations that a psychologist can help you with. You might find that your experience varies, and that’s why it’s important to never try to self-diagnose. It can definitely be tempting, but it’s better to get the insight of a qualified psychologist or another mental health professional—they’re the only ones who can diagnose you.
But the benefits of talking to a psychologist don’t just stop with you. Group counseling for friends, family members, or romantic partners can be incredibly beneficial and can improve the bonds that you share with those closest. Group counseling with a Thriveworks psychologist might help you with your:
- Ability to set and hold healthy boundaries in different scenarios
- Emotional regulation (in anger management or grief counseling)
- Communication skills and ability to compromise
- Relationship or marital problems
- Family relationship
Online Therapy Options at Thriveworks
If you’re still on the fence about talking with a psychologist, you might find the benefits of online counseling or therapy appealing. With the ability to talk on the go, the added convenience and flexibility of booking an online session make getting quality mental health care simple and easy. Talking virtually is a great way to:
- Engage with your therapist over the phone or video as you both explore the sources and effects of anxiety, sadness, relationship issues, and more.
- Meet with your therapist anywhere, as long as you have a solid internet connection and a private space to speak during your session.
- Avoid the anxiety or embarrassment that arise for some during in-person sessions.
Plus, you can rest assured that our online therapy and counseling services still follow the same rigorous HIPAA guidelines. Your personal information will be safe and secure while you get the tools and resources you need from your sessions.
Reach out to Thriveworks in Concord, CA to Schedule a Session with a Psychologist
When you’re ready to book your first session and enroll with Thriveworks, you can call our scheduling specialists to begin. Our scheduling team is available seven days a week to help you with everything from setting up your insurance, to finding the perfect provider, even if there’s no one nearby.
Plus, enrolling with us unlocks instant access to a host of great benefits, including:
- Email access to your provider outside of sessions as needed
- Online therapy options
- The digital edition of “Leaving Depression Behind” and other great mental health resources
- Evening and weekend scheduling availability
- Same and next-day appointments
- Our Therapy Buddy app—a great way to measure your progress as you advance through therapy or psychiatric care
Maybe it’s time to consider whether talking to a psychologist could improve your mental health. If you’re interested in being paired with someone from our Thriveworks office in Concord, CA, don’t hesitate to contact us to get started. With the stability and support provided by a psychologist, you can start addressing your mental health needs.