My boyfriend left me after we dated for about two years. We did a lot of things together and got along pretty well. We did have some rocky times in the relationship, where we broke up for a few weeks and then got back together again. This happened because we both wanted to do different things with our own groups of friends and didn’t want to be tied down. Ultimately, though, we’d wind up going back to each other. So, now that we’re not together, I’ve tried everything to erase him from my mind—I deleted his contact information from my cell phone. I threw out or gave away everything he ever gave, me so I don’t have to look at it. I have even dated a few guys to get him off of my mind. But, I just can’t seem to stop caring about him. I think about all of the good times we had and wish I could have them back. The other guys I date aren’t as funny, and I just don’t seem to connect with them. I want to move on with my life, and I thought I was doing the right things, but I can’t forget about him.

Answered question