Taylor Bennett has written quite a bit about Gaslighting, here are some of her takeaways, and a link to one of her articles below:
- Gaslighting is a form of manipulation in which the perpetrator leads one to question their own sanity or judgment through subtle tactics.
- This abusive treatment is often carried out by individuals who are narcissistic, sociopathic, or just plain abusive.
- The first step in identifying and protecting yourself from this form of manipulation is learning to listen to your body and pay attention to red flags.
- For example, if you constantly find that you’re uncomfortable around, undermined by, or afraid of an individual, they might be gaslighting you.
- The next step is to point out your feelings and the behavior: don’t beat around the bush or sweep it under the rug, put it all out in the open.