Draymond has been having a rough time lately; he can’t shake this feeling of nervousness, a deep unsettling sensation that seems to follow him throughout his daily life. He’s doing his best to shake the anxious thoughts and emotions away, but sometimes there’s just too much going on in his daily life for him to manage everything.
But Draymond doesn’t want to let his anxiety continue to escalate. That’s why he’s deciding to meet with a mental health professional at Thriveworks to talk about the symptoms of his recurring anxiety. He hopes that by connecting with a therapist or counselor, he’ll find a way to face and manage his uncomfortable emotions and enjoy a renewed quality of life.
Like Draymond, you may also be looking for freedom from your recurring anxiety. That’s why Thriveworks Counseling Cleveland (South) has counselors and therapists who can help you, offering personalized treatment that addresses your needs. Call our office, or go online to book your first session.
What Are the Symptoms of Anxiety?
Though diagnosing yourself with any sort of mental condition isn’t possible, it’s helpful when you can identify the signs of anxiety when they’re present in your daily life. Anxiety can manifest differently for everyone, but you may feel the following symptoms:
- Racing thoughts that are difficult to manage
- Chronic fatigue or bowel conditions like IBS, acid reflux, or IBD
- Nausea or dizziness, rapid heartbeat
- Restlessness, agitation
- The sensation of being emotionally drained
- Difficulty sleeping or insomnia
- Dry throat, especially in social or public speaking settings
Without treatment, these symptoms can become a constant and malignant disruption to your daily life. Interpersonal relationships and professional environments can also become hard to manage, as well.
Some of the most common forms of anxiety disorders are:
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD): People affected with OCD often fixate on irrational thoughts, or repetitive actions or behaviors. Those with this condition may additionally have extreme superstitious beliefs.
- Social anxiety disorder: This condition causes individuals to face extreme anxiety during or prior to social interactions. It can be triggered by everything from concerts to small family gatherings.
- Panic disorder: This anxiety disorder is well-known for causing panic attacks. People with panic disorder, when triggered, experience chest pain or tightness, cold sweats, dizziness, and nausea as a result of their anxiety.
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): As the name implies, this disorder often doesn’t arise from a specific source. Those with it often struggle to describe or understand where the sensation of constantly being on edge comes from.
- Post-traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD): PTSD is usually triggered by a specific event or set of events that the sufferer witnessed, or was part of. These memories can be recent or from the distant past. Those with PTSD are often plagued by nightmares, flashbacks, and might seem withdrawn.
Anxiety Therapy Services at Thriveworks Counseling Cleveland (South)
Talking to a therapist or counselor about your anxiety is a great way to reduce the emotional weight of your mental health challenges. Our therapists and counselors will listen and do their best to offer you coping strategies that target your anxiety and serve to help you control your emotions. Some of their techniques may include:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectal behavioral therapy (DBT)
- Exposure therapy
- Acceptance and commitment therapy
Talking to a therapist or counselor is often beneficial for many people for help with persistent anxiety.
Scheduling Anxiety Therapy at Thriveworks Counseling Cleveland (South)
If it seems like you have symptoms of an anxiety disorder, then considering therapy at Thriveworks Counseling Cleveland (South) could offer you relief. You can go online to book your first session, or if you decide to call a scheduling specialist will be there to offer:
- Assistance in adding your insurance, or even Medicare for some locations (check web availability)
- Help talking you through online and in-person session options
- Help finding weekend and evening session times for your convenience
- Help finding therapist you need, even if they’re not in your locale
- High-touch assistance 7 days a week
The decision to seek a provider’s assistance for anxiety is your own choice, but dealing with anxiety is not something you need to do alone. At Thriveworks Counseling Cleveland (South), we understand how anxiety feels and how harmful it can be—and we know how to help. Talking with one of our mental health professionals could offer you relief and guidance when anxiety comes knocking.