What are some of the keys to success and personal enrichment?
I’m sure there are many answers to that question. However, I will only focus on five keys to personal enrichment. I call them the five Fs. What are they?
Family, faith, friends, finance, and fulfillment. The five Fs can be the cornerstones to a successful life.
Family is one of the most important ingredients in our lives.
Our families tolerate things that others won’t. They stand with you when the world comes against you. They are an integral part of our genetic and social makeup. However, quite frequently we take them for granted.
Below are some tips for maintaining and enhancing the relationship with your family:
- Take time to let your family know that you love them.
- Call or write that long lost relative you’ve thought about so many times; remember, don’t ask for any money.
- Give your family the gift of time.
- Say I love you, say forgive me, say what needs to be said to reconcile any differences. For those who’ve lost loved ones, allow their precious memory and the very essence of who they were, to move you through the changing faces of life.
- Adopt a family if you don’t have one. Better still allow them to adopt you.
Faith, what is it?
Faith is the ability to believe in things that you can’t taste, see, hear, smell, or touch. Faith can make dreams a reality. Great men and women throughout the centuries have used their faith to do exceptional things. Dr. Martin Luther King had a dream, and his dream has become a reality, and continues to unfold.
Faith has a friend called Hope and Hope is not as wishy washy as some people make it seem. I remember reading a definition from a Greek dictionary that defined Hope as a favorable, confident expectation of good. So hope for good things and your faith will obtain them.
Friends, what would we do without them?
I know many people, but I have few friends, and the few I have are priceless. They tell me the truth even when I don’t want to hear it. They know when something is wrong just by the sound of my voice. They even pray with me and for me. They look out for my well-being and give me sound advice. In my case, my friends are like family. Unfortunately, there are times we get too caught up in the world wind call life and we neglect our friendships.
To reconnect with friends consider doing the following:
- Go out to dinner or invite them over and enjoy good food, fun, and laughter.
- Give them a small memento that signifies the uniqueness of your friendship.
- Try not to borrow or lend money—it can jeopardize your relationship.
- Be there for them.
- Don’t betray a friend.
- Try to connect with friends during the holidays, especially those you haven’t seen in a while.
Financial strain can wreak havoc on a relationship.
Some people want to purchase nice toys even though they can’t afford them. Some people give expensive gifts that their wallets can’t support just to impress others. My goal is not to tell you how to spend your money, but I would like to list a few things you may want to consider.
First, do you know how much you have and where it’s going? Some time ago, more than $900 was withdrawn from my account and sent to someone else’s mortgage company. We caught the error early because we were tracking our bank transactions. How long would it have taken you to figure out that someone else was spending your money?
Here are a few helpful tips that will keep you on track:
- Double up on credit card payments when you can. Set a limit on what you will spend for the holidays. Use cash whenever possible–it’s still acceptable. Keep track of your debit transactions and record them promptly.
- Reconcile your statement each month.
- Develop an attitude for saving instead of spending. List all the major purchases you would like to make and set goals for purchasing them. Give cheerfully and you will never lack.
- “Cold hard cash” is simply what is says, COLD and HARD. If it becomes the object of your affection, you’re headed for trouble.
Fulfillment at last!
By the way, what does it really mean to be fulfilled? Webster says:
Fulfillment is to realize completely one’s ambitions, potentialities, etc. Are you fulfilled? To obtain fulfillment you must keep your purpose in mind.
Purpose is your reason for living. All the preceding “Fs” can help you obtain fulfillment.
June Liggins enjoys helping others uncover and display their authentic self to the world. To envision and live hope filled lives.
Explore the latest mental wellness tips and discussions, delivered straight to your inbox.
Start a Relationship with An Exceptional Counselor
- Skilled and caring professional counselors
- Accepting all major and most insurances
- High-touch customer service & premium benefits
- Same- or next-day appointments
- Ultra-flexible 23.5hr cancellations