Emotional Abuse Counseling – Therapists and Counselors in Spring Hill
Emotional abuse is a form of abuse at the mental rather than physical level. There are no visible scars, but the emotional wounds can run deep and disrupt the everyday life of the abuser. The longer the abuse goes on for, the more impact it has on the victim’s confidence and self-esteem.
If you think someone or some people are emotionally abusing you, then it’s time to do something about it. There are a few things you can look at to get support. Identifying you have a problem is the first step toward recovery. You may benefit from emotional abuse therapy if you:
- Always worry your partner might leave you
- Feel like you’re not good enough for anything or anyone
- You find it difficult to distinguish between what’s true and what’s not
- You often feel intimidated, threatened or afraid
- You sometimes think you’re going mad
- Your abuser constantly calls you names and puts you down (even in front of others).
The Emotional Impact of Psychological Abuse
Most people consider physical violence as a more serious form of cruelty than emotional abuse. This is not always the case. Victims of emotional abuse can develop scars that are so deep that they are unable to feel or function in a normal way. Their torment, when gone untreated, is very real and long lasting. Typical symptoms of a long term sufferer of emotional abuse are:
- Battles with bouts of depression
- Anxious behavior
- Suicidal thoughts or attempts
- Total loss of self-esteem and confidence
If you can identify with any of the above, there’s a good chance you are in an abusive relationship of some sort. Each case is unique and the circumstances can vary of course. The sad fact is that in most situations, things are only likely to get worse, not better, if left untreated.
Can Spring Hill Therapists Help?
Spring Hill emotional abuse therapy counselors have helped all kinds of people resolve all sorts of emotional difficulties. We can often be the solution to otherwise complicated problems. Give us a call today and see how we can guide you in your situation.