Counseling for Depression and Anxiety – Therapists and Coaches in Spring Hill
Experiencing feelings of sadness, worry, anxiety or nervousness is a normal reaction to stressful and upsetting events. However, when these sensations occur more often and begin to disrupt our daily routines, it might be an indication that one is suffering from an anxiety disorder or depression.
These two conditions are regularly diagnosed together and are similar in many respects. However, they may ultimately have different triggering factors. Some of the common symptoms include:
- Relentless feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, loss of confidence.
- Feeling apathetic, disinterested, lacking in energy.
- Anger, bad temper, even higher likelihood to resort to violence.
- Physical manifestations such as changes in sleep and appetite, concentration difficulties, fatigue, more frequent aches and pains (e.g. headache, back pain, stomach problems) for no apparent reason.
- Incessant or extreme fear or worry in situations which most people consider unthreatening.
- Restlessness, difficulties with concentration, irritability.
- Physical manifestations such as heart palpitations, insomnia, sweating, dizziness, shortness of breath, upset stomach.
How Can Depression And Anxiety Be Diagnosed?
These two conditions can manifest themselves in a variety of diverse symptoms – healthcare practitioners rely primarily on the information collected during a talk with the patient to make a diagnosis. There does not exist a simple laboratory test or physical examination that can be used in the diagnostic process for depression or anxiety disorders.
Treatment Options For The Patient
As many suffers will experience different symptoms, they will often benefit from different treatment approaches. Frequently people find that talk-based therapies, such as counseling sessions, are very effective at managing the symptoms. Others will be able to achieve lasting remission with the help of exercise, diet or relaxation techniques. Many people, however, resort to medication such as anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medicines to treat the disorder.
Talk-based therapies can be a particularly effective method for treating anxiety and depression – not only do they help manage the patient’s symptoms, but they are also able to equip the sufferer with the tools and techniques to prevent future episodes of the disorder.
At Thriveworks Spring Hill, our experienced therapists offer counseling methods designed to help our clients overcome their mental health problems. So please, do not hesitate, and get in touch with us today to arrange your introductory counseling session.